Jump to content

Mob Wife Trend = Fur in Public!!!


CoyoteFox

Recommended Posts

I’m loving this “new” trend. People compliment me on my furs wherever I go now!

Edited by Showgirl2017
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, CoyoteFox said:

Waited decades for the return....... HERE WE GO!!! 🥰

FUR DEN:             PETA:

      1                         0

image.png.c7ea7b49ba3bdb27bcf9cad5f683ef4b.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12981897/Is-real-fur-Khloe-Kardashian-Reality-star-risks-wrath-animal-rights-groups-emerges-huge-coat-15-years-Id-naked-PETA-campaign.html

It is an excellent silver fox fur for the snow, nothing better than a long, fluffy and soft fur

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol sometimes I feel like I’m living in a parallel dimension when I browse this forum. I know everyone’s personal experiences are different and their encounters with people who are for and against fur are no different. But I just find it funny sometimes when people say “oh man I got some dirty looks when I was wearing my furs today. I feel like we need a fur revolution so attitudes like this will just go away forever!” 
 

But in the meantime I’m sitting here like….I’ve been wearing furs every winter since 2009 and I’ve never been harassed by anyone in the Peta community even once! I swear some of you need to take a trip to Chicago one day and bring your furs with you. It is the most self indulgent thing you could ever do for your self esteem.  You’ll never need a hashtag again in order to justify what you like. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Panther10 said:

Lol sometimes I feel like I’m living in a parallel dimension when I browse this forum. I know everyone’s personal experiences are different and their encounters with people who are for and against fur are no different. But I just find it funny sometimes when people say “oh man I got some dirty looks when I was wearing my furs today. I feel like we need a fur revolution so attitudes like this will just go away forever!” 
 

But in the meantime I’m sitting here like….I’ve been wearing furs every winter since 2009 and I’ve never been harassed by anyone in the Peta community even once! I swear some of you need to take a trip to Chicago one day and bring your furs with you. It is the most self indulgent thing you could ever do for your self esteem.  You’ll never need a hashtag again in order to justify what you like. 

Agree with you, Panther10...

This article from NPR, which is probably where most activists get news, all but greenlights VINTAGE FUR as a go:

https://www.npr.org/2024/01/26/1226620627/fur-vintage-faux-fashion-mob-wife-tiktok-trend-animals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, live in Chicago and it’s probably one of the more fur friendly cities. No one cares what you wear

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Living in central Texas and growing up on a ranch, fur is necessary for winter temperature rodeos. It doesn’t get very cold in Texas often but when it does it gets very cold. You will see a lot of shearling and suede coats and a lot of mink and fox coats.

It was very fun to see growing up and when we moved up north to the city, the coats kept being there but a lot of people switched out their jeans and boots for pants and sneakers. I’m just glad it’s becoming more acceptable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, a_man_of_many_foxes said:

Yep, live in Chicago and it’s probably one of the more fur friendly cities. No one cares what you wear

I swear for that reason alone I keep upping the ante on the amount of furs I wear each winter when it comes to coats and accessories. First it was just a fox coat but then it evolved into also wearing hats and gloves…now it’s purses. Nobody cares here! My furrier speculated that the reason is because this used to be the home of the Evans Fur Collection emporium. Back then they put this city on the map for its amount of furs they sold to the public. The store isn’t around anymore but it’s left quite a legacy. 4 generations removed and people still wear fur here like the 80’s never left 

Edited by Panther10
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

This thread started in late January - according to a Data Analyst, this style should only last 6 months according to this CNN article:
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/01/style/mob-wives-aesthetic-fur-resurgence-bof/index.html

Let’s just see if in 6 months the trend is heading in a downward spiral - my opinion (and I hope) is that it won’t. …and according to a New York article, it did start picking up steam in January of this year:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/28/style/mob-wife-aesthetic-trend.html

Very fortunate for me, my wife has no awareness of this trend and wore furs before and highly likely after this fast fashion may see its demise.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm curious as to what will happen next winter. What will the women that hopped onto the trend do with their furs? It might sit in their closets until it becomes trendy to wear again, or we might see a lot of these coats re-entering the used fur market. My hope is that they will see how wonderful it is to wear real fur out and about and continue to wear these furs as part of their normal outfit! 😀

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, syfr said:

I'm curious as to what will happen next winter. What will the women that hopped onto the trend do with their furs? It might sit in their closets until it becomes trendy to wear again, or we might see a lot of these coats re-entering the used fur market. My hope is that they will see how wonderful it is to wear real fur out and about and continue to wear these furs as part of their normal outfit! 😀

You bring up a valid point @syfr Our hope is that they retain their fur pieces and normalize the public wearing of furs. My hope is that they won’t have such a mental dilemma whether they should or not comparison to ladies from ten to 25 years ago.  And as individuals in this community, do we have a responsibility in all this? …e.g. do we go out of our way to compliment a lady for their fur attire or would that be considered off-putting? I know MANY women who can easily accept another women’s compliment on their appearance but if the same thing is said by a man, it can be misconstrued.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think women like to receive compliments, also from men. Certainly when made in a casual, non-intrusive manner. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@FullLengthFoxI shared your idea and I agree with this thinking. Surely women or lady appreciate elegant compliment when she wear her fur. I don't support a bad compliment who are uncomfortable for women and give idea of just be a toys..  

The fur give a glamour and elegant touch, women who wear fur appreciate of save this elegance with a glamour view in the eyes of men who admire her.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mob wife never caught on here in Winnipeg.. one of the coldest places in Canada, and nudda! Hang tight til late October I suppose!!

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well hello there… a full fur article in March’s edition of Vogue!

https://www.vogue.com/article/why-is-fur-real-and-pretend-everywhere-again#:~:text=The%20fur%20aesthetic%20had%20officially,%E2%80%9CThere's%20confidence.

Much of the content we’ve all read ad-nauseum but framed in the context of the current Mob Wife Aesthetic trend.

Edited by pnwhist
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...