BIGGEST NEWS IN YEARS!!!!

CoyoteFox

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these furs were from vintage marketplaces. The designs are super retro. They look like something you might have seen in a vogue magazine or Sears catalog in 1988-89.

But this might still be a boon to the fur industry writ large. Most of the more prestigious independent furriers out there are 3rd and 4th generation owned and I’m sure most of those shops still have an archive of sorts for all of the old patterns and designs that they manufactured 35-40 years ago when styles like these were far more prevalent. And any furrier worth their salt can take an old design and modernize it too so you have the best of both worlds 

A new generation is learning the power of a fur coat... It's a beautiful thing, and about time vintage or "grandmothered" coats get their moment/2nd or 3rd act in public... Attacking vintage fur doesn't serve any corporate agenda, so activists have been employed elsewhere... Plus the Chinese elites love fur, so they're even onside... Stars aligning! Haha

The only caveat to owning a vintage fur is that even if it’s reconditioned, it will have a relatively shorter shelf life compared to a new fur coat. And depending on the condition of the fur and how frequently a person is putting their vintage fur through its paces after they’ve purchased it (understandably so, since they probably want to get their money’s worth.) it might not even last a single season. So who knows how long this fad might last or even if it’s remotely sustainable. I’m hoping some of these furs can go the distance but when it looks like some of the coats are pushing 35-40 years old? I’m honestly on pins and needles. 

Even though it's faux, we have to like this direction... "Gateway" coats, I say... 😉

gettyimages-1819336744-65675876c012f.jpg

gettyimages-1820424308-656758757074b.jpg

• Like 1

TikTok has really been a great facilitator of women in their 20s and 30s to wear and show off furs, first with the Slavic trend in recent months and now continued with this trend. Love to see it

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As much as its faux.. anyone know where to get that coat?? That would be awesome for my after ski drives home not having to worry about damp clothing wrecking the skins of a real coat (been there.... damaged my favorite full length red fox from wearing it home day after day with damp clothing after XC skiing)

That’s a pass from me. That coat looks like it might feel like the needles on a fake Christmas tree 

• Like 2

I checked it out on entire studios home page and it’s only $550. So it’s definitely fake. A real black fox would be closer to $6500

A real black fox wouldn't have a sheen like that either. Likely it's a faux mink where I've usually seen black furs with that sort of lustre to it