For those who lived in the 1980s and 1990s do you have any stories relating to someone you know getting a full length fox fur coat?

EBCT

Okay, I wish that I lived in the 1980s so I could have seen more women wearing full-length fox fur coats. One thing I am curious to know about is if anyone knew anyone from back in the 1980s who got a full-length fox fur coat or owned one. I would like to hear your stories.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to be going to grade school in the 80s... 2 of my teachers had full length raccoon coats that they wore all the time.. both left them in their classroom offices and I always sat at the back of the class so the coats were always in view.. Going to university in the 90s , fur was starting to phase out... one girl in one of my classes wore a full length coyote with white fox trim.. and the best was on the bus one day a girl got on wearing a full length red fox, the long hair type with the big puffy collar.... in Winnipeg I rarely saw fox coats.. lots of raccoon, coyote, black mink... you see the occasional fox go up for sale on facebook or the local buy and sell these days, but they are rare... you can always find a raccoon or mink for sale... this winter Ive seen one short mink jacket on an older European woman walking around the pond in a local park with her friend... it was the only real coldish day we've had all winter.. I was wearing my full length raccoon and wanted to compliment her on her jacket every lap we passed each other , but I never did..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

1) I was in a mall (1982 /84?) at the perfect time when a lady strolled out of a fur salon with her family. She was wearing a full length white fox coat with a shawl collar accented with matching hat and muff. Even back in the 80's muffs were quite rare. The lady had the attitude to carry the ensemble but at the same time she was having fun sharing her experience with her family. Was very nice to see as you just knew she was a caring and sensual woman.
2) Christmas time office manager showed up wearing a 3/4 crystal fox. She was curious as to why I was suddenly eager to light her cigarette as I never did before.  (I know this may sound horrible today.  sorry!)
3)I have had many more pleasant sightings and momentary encounters but I know these are not the dramatic stories you may have hoped for.
I miss those days so very much as these little events were pleasant little surprises that made my day!     

• Like 3

When I was younger one of my babysitters invited my family to one of her competitive swim meets that she was doing on behalf of her university. And I vaguely recall that her younger sister had a fox fur jacket. But I can’t actually recall an instance where I saw my first full length fox. Members of my extended family definitely had furs up to a certain point but none of them had any fox coats. They were mostly minks, raccoons, muskrat and fisher. As far as I’m aware I’m the first person in my extended or immediate family to wear fox furs at all. So if I ever saw something like a full length fox coat in my youth, it was a passing/fleeting/blink-and-you-miss-it kind of moment. The one instance I can recall was when my family and I went on vacation to Aspen Colorado for winter break, our flight had a reconnection to Aspen from the Denver Airport and I happened to briefly see these two ladies who must have been in their mid 30’s wearing two full length fox coats, one in Crystal and the other in golden island and the coats were stunning. That was my first recollection of if I ever had a fur coat, it would look something like those two. To this day I still have never purchased either a crystal fox or golden island for myself but I’ve opted for other foxes

• Like 2