Winter in Stockholm

FurSwede

Finally winter has arrived here in Stockholm. It is below zero and we have gotten maybe 10-15 cm (5-6 inches) of snow. I previously wrote about getting ready for the fur season, and was happy to see the discussion it created. Now I am using my furs every day and not just the “lighter” furs which I have worn since beginning of October. Today was a perfect day for my full length blue fox with matching headband. Feels great!

• Like 1

It was a pleasure going for a walk in my lunch hour today. At least 10 different women sporting real fur of some sort and plenty more with down parkas with fur ruffs. Two younger women wore fox fur jackets!

• Like 3

Awesome to read!

Here in Göteborg, I see some women wearing fur-lined parkas in town or at work, some "proper" fur coats too. (Last year I saw a guy with a full-length racoon coat, it was amazing!)

Unfortunately I haven't gotten to wear much myself, I am not ready to wear fur when cycling, nor wear more than a fur collar to work ^^ Hopefully there's still some snow and cold weather this weekend.

• Like 3

Looks like it is going to be cold here for s few more days and then get mild. Fingers crossed the forecast is wrong 🙂

Today I wore my dyed blue fix parka to the supermarket for the weekly grocery shopping. Got a few looks but really most people seem not to care.

I went to a secondhand store today, and noticed a young lady was trying a silver fox fur coat, full length.

I was hoping to get to try it afterwards, if she didn't buy it; but another young woman (no more than 30 years old, I'd say) was faster and also tried it on, several times.

She didn't go for it in the end, so I got to try it. She saw me and said a compliment... probably to the coat haha. Then we talked for one minute, about the coat and an old lady that told her that it was "risky" to wear such items today (people make comments sometimes, apparently). I told her it looked really good on her and it doesn't matter what others think 😄

I should have asked her number maybe...

Also: it's impressive how popular fur items are in those secondhand stores! Whether they are a very attention-grabbing coat or more discrete hat. It gives me hope that fur will remain in our wardrobes for some time!

• Like 2

Very nice and cold here in Norway too.  Minus 12 C in the morning today. Nice to be wearing my silverfox coat and hat today.

Only fur can keep you warm😊

Awesome read... across the pond here in Canada we have no snow where I am, and temperature is above zero.. by midweek its actually calling for +7

Ive Worn the raccoon coat and hat a few times in the morning, but by late afternoon its well above zero.. ran into one European woman at the park earlier in the week when it was -20 with the windchill wearing a short mink jacket.. we crossed paths several times as we were walking laps of the duck pond opposite direction from one another.. she did give my full length raccoon a few glances! No snow or cold temps in the future either... its a like a light switch here though.. one day your wearing shorts, next day 2 fur coats isnt enough...

Today it’s about 20 degrees Fahrenheit (-7 degrees Celsius) and there were several ladies wearing fabulous mink coats when I went for my lunch walk. I myself wore my full length crystal fox with a silver fox headband. 

• Like 1

Hey,

Oh absoluty beautiful monday for wear fur and long walk... i appreciate of see several lady wear mink this is so elegant... Fabulous fox furs and real pleasure... i'm jealous of you !