Merger of FurDen with ClubFourrure

LeComte

Just noted that the ClubFourrure.com Forum is now integrated into this website. I'm actually quite excited about that. Hopefully both communities can profit from each other.

Does that mean we have additional owners, admins or moderators now?

A bug at the moment is the character encoding. In some cases (and in some cases not) the french special characters show up like this

été sacrifié

For sure, there are also some minor improvements needed like the order of the forums.

• Like 3

What happened to Clubfourrure user accounts? I just tried to log in with my ClubFourrure account, which uses the same mail address but different user name. That's okay, I can continue with this one. Le nom est déja français.

Yep les français arrivent 🤐

On mange des escargots des grenouilles on aime les fromages qui puent. Mais on va chercher notre baguette de pain en fourrure  Avis aux amateurs les gars...👌

• Haha 2

On 11/2/2023 at 1:01 PM, LeComte said:

Just noted that the ClubFourrure.com Forum is now integrated into this website. I'm actually quite excited about that. Hopefully both communities can profit from each other.

Does that mean we have additional owners, admins or moderators now?

A bug at the moment is the character encoding. In some cases (and in some cases not) the french special characters show up like this

été sacrifié

For sure, there are also some minor improvements needed like the order of the forums.

Hi, yes indeed, I developed in that topic the reasons that lead me to transmitting the Club to someone else. I created that forum in 2000 and to cut a long story short it's draining my energy. I'm really pleased to know it's hosted here now, this consists of an archive of 50k posts, with stories, movies reviews, a real content of quality. Aside that as you may have notice, the accent letters decided to stay in France and are displayed with other characters. I'm sorry about that, this is a matter of character encoding, anyhow the posts can still be edited to correct that.

• Like 1

Pour les ex Fourrure club:

Je viens de gagner un voyage pour deux personnes à St moritz (la Mecque de la Fourrure) pour cet hiver J ai pensé à un de vous ...

Pourras-tu sortir mes poubelles  pendant mon absence arroser les plantes et donner à manger au chat? Merci pour votre réponse 

A bientôt 

Was there ever an official announcement regarding the merger prior to it happening? It threw me off when browsing the Forums all of a sudden, I started seeing new topics I never had seen before (and of course in a different language)

Is there a translator that anybody recommends that has a higher character limit than Google translate?

On 11/4/2023 at 2:39 PM, fourrureclub said:

Hi, yes indeed, I developed in that topic the reasons that lead me to transmitting the Club to someone else. I created that forum in 2000 and to cut a long story short it's draining my energy. I'm really pleased to know it's hosted here now, this consists of an archive of 50k posts, with stories, movies reviews, a real content of quality. Aside that as you may have notice, the accent letters decided to stay in France and are displayed with other characters. I'm sorry about that, this is a matter of character encoding, anyhow the posts can still be edited to correct that.

I totally get that you want to transmit the Club. And I'm happy to see the content—quality indeed—here. Merci mille fois pour tous tes efforts! ❤️

As you might have made contact with the owner, is he/she willing to onboard new moderators or admins? This is an issue which is plaguing us for years. One of the reasons I'm asking right now is that editing of the posts is impossible as a normal user. I'd be happy if we/someone could manually edit the forum descriptions (and the order). Some descriptions are encoded correctly anyhow.