Squirrel Fur - How soft - compare with...

sabine32

Hi,

this is my first post. This Forum is great. I had registered for some time - now my first post. I'am from germany sorry for my english

I would buy a russian Suirrel Fur from ebay. I had never feel squirrel fur in my live - only chinchilla, some rabbits and bluefox.

Could i compare Squirrel as softly as chinchilla? I dont like roughly fur. So i am looking for a cheaply alternative similarly chinchilla.

Thanks for answer.

cya

Sabine

So i am looking for a cheaply alternative similarly chinchilla.

hello Sabine and welcome

If you are looking for a very cheap chinchilla imitation of Chinchilla you should try Rex Rabbit

Sabine... I want to point out to you that these posts are from two of our Experts. So, their opinions can be trusted highly.

Great as always to see a new member posting here. Welcome aboard the New Den!

White Fox

i have to tell you that squirrel fur is sooo soft and fun to play with. I have a purple dyed squirrel jacket that i have and i love to play with. I wouldnt trade it for any thing.

Welcome, Sabine32! I hope the opinions of our experts (and from us just plain old fur lovers) are helpful. Enjoy your time with us!

FLinFL

Squirrel is silky soft. I love it. Russian Squirrel use to be one of the most sought after of the furs.

But, it is nothing like Chinchilla. Chinchilla is fluffy dense fur that can only be compared with its great impostor Rex Rabbit, which I HIGHLY recommend.

Both furs are wonderful! Just each in a different way.

So, glad you decided to post and please continue to.

We have a great group here!

Linda

Sable and Chinchilla Like Gold and Silver.

In the meantime we live with lesser furs.

I've expressed my fondness before here my love for Squirrel, especially Russian Squirrel. 3 dark dyed capes will line one of my jackets soon. I prefer it any day over Rabbit.

OFF

I have to put my vote in for the rex rabbit too.

We've got some Bears that are made from rabbit and they feel very soft. There's a baby alpaca Bear whose fur is so soft it makes your fingers tingle when you touch him. But as soft as his fur is, it is just a little "wirey".

Never had the pleasure of touching squirrel. I'll have to put it on my list.

Welcome Sabine!

Bears only bite the cookies!

<== The fluffy, white Bear over there... He's the one made from Alpaca.

Sometimes, when we sit on the sofa to watch television, I'll catch my wife petting him!

He doesn't seem to mind.

I just have to agree with everything that both Paul and Linda have had to say about squirrel fur.

Russian squirrel fur was one of my childhood passions and I still recall some exciting teenage experiences in a long grey squirrel fur coat belonging to a family friend.

That, as they say, is another story, but I have owned several squirrel furs since then, and I have a very nice 3/4 Russian squirrel fur coat today.

Much as I enjoy my rex rabbit furs - sadly I don't yet have a chinchilla fur coat, but I do know how delightful they feel, and that is yet another story - my Russian squirrel is still an absolute delight.

I do go along with Paul on this - if the quality and the price are right, do go for it. You will love it !!