gallery

Guest excalafur

Hi, not shure if this is the right place to post. But when I go to the gallery I see no pics at all ?
you have to sign in with your codehandle and password then click the link at the top that says "Gallery" then you have to relogin again when you get to the first Gallery page.

Both are right here. Have a quick look in FAQ. It is pretty much explained there. Also, if you have not seen it make sure you look at "Styles". Believe me you will be glad you did. One of the great things about this place amost no one knows about as they have not taken time to read it.

W

If you are a member since Feb 2006, you've been a member for more than a month.

Check your browser settings. Some of the newer ones have restrictions on image downloading and you might have turned it on by accident. The giveaway is if you see no graphics at all ... smileys, buttons, stuff like that.

Patience

I also suspect that you have image display turned off in your browser.

If you have been a member for over a month, you SHOULD be able to log into the gallery with your normal username and password. But, if you can do that and you still can't see pictures, try this:

(I assume you are using Firefox as your browser. If you aren't, why the HECK aren't you?! )

Open your PREFERENCES WINDOW:

In Windoze, it's under the TOOLS menu.

In Mac OS, it's under the FIREFOX menu.

Click on the tab that says "Content".

You'll see a picture something like >> THIS <<

Make sure the check box that says "Load Images" is marked as it is in my picture. The second box is optional. Checking "For the originating site only" blocks images that don't come from the site you are currently on. This helps prevent sites from putting up pictures and slowing down your computer or displaying potentially inappropriate content for others to see. (P

You'll see a picture something like >> THIS <<

Not for nothing, it's very nice of you to help but if there is a problem with displaying images, perhaps this image will not be displayed either. Hmmm.

Patience

excalarfur,

I hope some of these tips have solved your problem. But, if it hasn't and you only have this problem here, we should bring in AK, he maintains our site. He might have some answers.

Just let us know.

Linda

Edited by Guest

Patience,

I do realize that, if the user's browser settings are correct but the images still don't display there is a problem that needs further investigation. However, standard troubleshooting practice dictates that these kinds of things be checked before taking other measures.

I did say that in my previous post:

If you have done the above check and you STILL haven't gotten images to load, there's some troubleshooting ahead of us.

Hello,

I use Microsoft Internet Explorer and I've got the following problem every now and then ever since I'm allowed to visit the gallery and it's a bit funny:

Certain pictures in the gallery won't be shown and the funny part is that after I change to any other Internet site the Explorer will no longer load any image from any other site and I've to close the Explorer and start it again. Then Explorer loads images again.

I don't have this problem with any other pages I visit and it was seldom that it happend in the gallery. But since last week or so it happens every time I go to the gallery, so that I was already about to post it myself.

I hope this helps detecting the mistake.

Furry regards

Yogi

excalafur,

If you are still having problems, please contact me directly via PM or email: [email protected]

ILOVEFURTOO,

Your situation sounds like a problem on your system. Try clearing your cache and/or temporary files folder(s). Have you installed any new firewall or virus scanner applications, or changed the options on any such applications? There haven't been any software updates to the Gallery's code for over 6 weeks, so it is unlikely your recent problems are caused by anything on our server.

Dear AKcoyote,

thank you for your quick response. I did clear the tempory files folder.

Firewall and virus scanner are same as ever and I didn't change anything else. Like I said before, the problem occured from the very beginning but only seldomly.

Anyway, don't worry about it. I will install Fire Fox on my PC. That should do it. I'm only still using the MS Explorer because I was to lazy installing something better. That will change this weekend.

Again, thank you for your effort.

All the best

Yogi

AKCoyote, if what you sent to excalafur is private, I respect that, of course.

OTOH, if you sent him some tech details that could benefit the rest of us, do you think you could share it with us here. As one who tried to help I sure would like to know the problem resolution.

Thanks.

Patience

Patience,

There is nothing in my PM to excalafur that is worth repeating here. I am just trying to get him to read the message that has been waiting for him for 4 days.