How often do you use your furs?

Aldhissla

Well, maybe "use" isn't the best way of putting it, so insert "wear/feel/enjoy/whatever" there after your personal taste.

Anyhow, the point is, how often do you use/wear/and so on your fur or furs? Is it on a daily basis or is it less often?

Personally I think about furs every day, but I mostly have them in my closet. Sometimes it goes a week without touching them, sometimes a couple of minutes. I'm trying to use them more often, like for example as a blanket while watching a film or reading a book, but often I find it too hard to concentrate on whatever I'm doing then. I haven't really found the perfect way to incorporate fur in my normal activities... yet. I guess I'll have to work on that bit, not such a hard task if you ask me though.

So, how about you?

With a Fox spread on my bed (another fur spread soon) it's nightly.

In Fall to Spring its more with wearing of my jackets almost daily.

For starters anyway.

OFF

I think it's all a matter of how well you incorporate fur into your daily life. The more you get used to having fur close to you, the less you will be distracted.

I have Teddy Bears in almost every room of the house. My wife and I sit on the sofa, watching TV, with the Bears almost every night. They aren't a distraction at all. (It's a lucky thing they like to watch the same shows we do! )

But we are USED to having Bears all around us. For people who visit our house, being around 1,000 Bears makes them uncomfortable at first. Then, once they get accustomed, they are hardly noticed.

So, I suggest you go right ahead and snuggle up with that fur. So WHAT if you're distracted at first? After you become more accustomed to being around fur all the time it will be a natural thing.

Daily all year round. I have fur blankets for my bedrooms that I sleep under 365 nites a year. I wear some type of fur outside from september thru may - longer if I can get away with it temperature wise - as well as curling up in the house in a fur coat pretty much year round as well. I keep the thermostat set to allow for this cold comfort. I guess one could say that furs are my trademark, and people who know me are more likely to notice the rare abscence of fur around me than what I wear.

I am with Lynxette on that one, although I generally don't crank up the air for them in summer. It is rare, or just a sign that it is too hot, to see me without some kind of fur somewhere.

Yes, but what I think Aldhissla is asking is HOW you wear your furs all the time without being "distracted". (i.e.: Without being turned on unless you want to be turned on.)

How, for example, do you sit in an easy chair and read a book while wearing fur but not get excited by it?

I think you have to realize that fur has different meanings, depending on the situation. Yes! Fur is for sensual pleasure! Anybody who tries to deny that is kidding themselves! But fur is ALSO for comfort, warmth and a sense of security. It is YOU that decides what reason you are wearing fur for.

When you want fur for pleasure, sure! "Go fur it!" Have fun!

But, when you want fur for comfort, you should be able to just sit down and read that book without undue distraction.

Going back to what I said earlier, I think it's all about how you incorporate fur into your daily life. If all you have ever used fur for is for pleasure, of course you're going to be reminded of pleasure when you touch fur. But, if you wear fur around the house on a regular basis and even sleep with fur it will become a normal, everyday part of your life.

You won't feel excited about fur unless you WANT the fur to excite you.

As I also said above, our Teddy Bears watch TV with us, they sleep with us and, sometimes, they even eat dinner with us. You may think it weird but, to us, the Bears are just regular members of our family.

My example may be a bit extreme for you but I think, in time, you can learn to be just as comfortable with fur as we are with Bears.

Aldhissla

When I come home from work at night, if the temp is cool enough, or if I have had a shite day, the first thing I do is get a coat from the closet and just slip it on for the pure unadulterated pleasure of doing something that not many other folks can or indeed do do. This does not by itself lead to any form of arousal. Nor does sleeping between two 'old' blue fox coats nearly every night.... and I don't have air-con, so quite a few of those nights the inside temp is WAY over 60F and yet I sleep like a baby.

Yes, there are times when fur can turn me on, but as time has passed I have found that the warmth and comfort of the fur coat about me is a more dominant outcome. I wear one watching TV, or on the balcony at night watching and listening to the surf as it rolls in and unless there is a 'distracting' reason for me to be aroused.....

Now, had this question been asked 30 years ago, I have absolutely no idea what my reply would be other than..... "Mate, you really expect me to wear a coat and NOT be aroused?"

Given how hot it can get down here, I'm afraid that most of my coats have been spending their summer vacationing at the furrier. However, I'll probably be taking them out next week. I use mine regularly as either robes - it can get chilly here during the late fall and winter, especially at night - or as blankets. I too will take them out and use them as throws when watching TV or reading.

FLinFL

Yes, but what I think Aldhissla is asking is HOW you wear your furs all the time without being "distracted". (i.e.: Without being turned on unless you want to be turned on.)

Well, not really, but that's just a nice bonus to the thread. My initial question was more based on curiousity, if all of you were wrapped in furs all the time or if some of you also had "breaks" in between. But thanks for the input, I think you're absolutely right!

To incorporate furs into daily life...hummm

1. Get a fur bedspread. - Our fox one is now back on and I love it. Every day and night its warmth and soft touch fills me with excitement.

2. Have a partner who wears furs. Tough in the UK with its misguided poorly directed ideologies, but, in Europe we are amongst friends

3. Get a Jacket / coat with fur on / in it - still looking for that one, but have been heartened by the fashion pages this year.

4. Use it more at home. Thinking of turning an old coat into a reversed dressing gown - working on that idea at this moment.

5. Lose the 'secret' inhibitions that have pervaded our lives for a while into hiding the 'issue'. Fur is for all. This forum has persuaded me and I thank everyone for that.

6. Be proud of it. What it the difficulty?

Auzmink

My girlfriend wears furs all year round. Even to the pub...and as Lynxette says it becomes a trademark. There is not any evening in the Uk that it is too warm to wear fur.....and if you know where to go its safe too.

So for example if you go to a restaurant on an evening you know they are going to be quiet, and tip well, get friendly...they will alwats make you feel welcome and you become a regular. If you did get any adverse comments from another client on a busy night say...the resyauranteur would I dare say throw them out. Howver, that has NEVER happened to us in years...so I think it is over estimated. Sometimes you get comments like is it real? and maybe then they ask if you don't think its cruel...but as longf as you are prepared it is easy to rubbish any argument and make them feel hypocrtical especially if they are eating dead animlas or wearing them on their feet. But certainly no rows. And LOADS of compliments and "can I touch please" from men and women.

So people in the UK...and elsewhere...you just have to be braver. And the good thing about that is....you soon notice other women wearing fur to the same places.

My girlfriend has eight coats now so she tries to wear one a day every day usualy in the evenings ,dinner dates, movies even groacery shopping,

she has two fox jackets for that now and as for the evenings well lets just say we dont get stuck for things to do 8)

But overall as soon as the weather dips below 7 degrees at night the furs come out in force and usually after ThanksGiving holiday,and living in Canada it isnt out of place .........Gotta love it ..........

CM.

My complients Lynxette, CM, ToS and to others that wear furs daily! I've always said that the best way for furs to gain acceptance was to simply wear them around town - groceries, post office, work, kids events, etc. Wear furs often, wear furs proud - they just aren't for black-tie events or the theater!

FLinFL

• 1 month later...

Kind of depends on "use". Ahem, I'll submit to 3 times a week for me, for wife depends on weather, but at least the 3 I referred to above and then daily when temps are below freezing.

I will confess however, that there are times when I'll go days without messing around with them. On the other hand probably once a month I get all 14 out at once and just mess around (not in the sexual sense), but looking at them, examining their construction, trying them on, etc. This is a very different kind of activity than when more sexually focused, yet it is very satisifying in its own way. In this sense, having furs is probably the closest I come to having a "hobby".