FBLG Inc.

foxsilver

How to get big pics from FBLG inc?

Only what i see it's just smal thumbnails. I know, i past years, you could download big pics

thnx in advance

foxsilver

Apparently foxsilver,FBLG stopped allowing pics to be blown up all people here are getting now is little pink squares when they try to download a blownup pic

The pink squares are concentrated pics. If you add Moxie Vigorrish to them, you will see the large images. This saves a lot of bandwidth. You can get Moxie Vigorrish at most hardware stores in the U.S. It's usually kept with the muriatic acid. You cannot get it online because it may not be transported via US Mail or common carrier as it is hightly flammable.

Patience

I've got the big pics from 2006 collection. I was lucky to get them before they turned off. Don't know what will happen with 2007, 2008, 2009... collections. It's a shame.

Introalfa, Please post the big pics you have. Lucifur posted 40+ of them but that was all he had. Anything you can add would be very welcome here.

Fox

If you add Moxie Vigorrish to them, you will see the large images.

Nah!... They ran out of Technicolor.

You see, in the multiplex movie theaters, we used to go through a LOT of Technicolor. I know what it looks like when the projector runs out of Technicolor. In fact, that's the first question on the Projector Operator's License exam: "What happens when a projector runs out of Technicolor?" Of course the answer is, "The picture turns into a pink square."

Computer servers that send pictures can run out of Technicolor too.

This is a known fact.

Sometimes, the projectors run out of Technicolor before the new delivery arrives. The truck gets delayed and doesn't arrive before the Friday string of movies open. One or two of the projectors starts running low. We wouldn't want them to run out with a theater full of customers on a Friday, now. Would we?

Usually, we send one of the newer, apprentice operators down to the store room to see if there's any Technicolor left... "You know, I think there's still a can or two down in the back of the store room. They might be underneath that stack of heavy boxes."

If he doesn't find it there, we'll have to send him out to the hardware store to pick up a spare can of Technicolor to tide us over until the truck comes on Monday.

If you add Moxie Vigorrish to them, you will see the large images.

Nah!... They ran out of Technicolor.

You see, in the multiplex movie theaters, we used to go through a LOT of Technicolor. I know what it looks like when the projector runs out of Technicolor. In fact, that's the first question on the Projector Operator's License exam: "What happens when a projector runs out of Technicolor?" Of course the answer is, "The picture turns into a pink square."

Computer servers that send pictures can run out of Technicolor too.

This is a known fact.

Sometimes, the projectors run out of Technicolor before the new delivery arrives. The truck gets delayed and doesn't arrive before the Friday string of movies open. One or two of the projectors starts running low. We wouldn't want them to run out with a theater full of customers on a Friday, now. Would we?

Usually, we send one of the newer, apprentice operators down to the store room to see if there's any Technicolor left... "You know, I think there's still a can or two down in the back of the store room. They might be underneath that stack of heavy boxes."

If he doesn't find it there, we'll have to send him out to the hardware store to pick up a spare can of Technicolor to tide us over until the truck comes on Monday.

so i guessin that Moxie Viggorish is another fancy name for Technicolor????

All I can say is wow. I have downloaded and saved lots of pictures on my computer, and have always just clicked on save picture as... Computer savy to that level is not my cup of tea I am afraid.

Some websites are programmed so that, if you didn't access a resource from its server (a picture, a webpage or anything else), you will be denied from accessing it.

There are three main ways, that I know of, to do this:

1) There is something called "HTTP Referer". The web browser on your computer reports back to the server which page you were just on before you tried to access the resource. If the HTTP Referer isn't what the server expects you will be denied.

Fortunately for us... UNfortunately for the webmaster... there is an easy way to circumvent this. (a) Copy the link to the address bar and access the page directly. No HTTP Referer will be reported. (b) Spoof your HTTP Referer. (i.e.: Make your computer lie.) If you use Firefox as your browser, there is an extension called RefControl which will help you do just that... Make your computer lie to the server when it is asked for the HTTP Referer.

2) The remote server hides the names of the resources by using Javascript instead of the regular HTML lingo.

In this case you'll have to learn to read the text that makes the W.W.Web work under the hood. You tell your browser to "View Source" and look at all the gobbledygook until you find the name of the resource you were looking for. Then you copy/paste the address of the resource into your browser.

3) The remote server uses a Java or Flash to try to prevent you from accessing the resources unless it "wants" you to.

This is a lot harder to beat. You can download the whole Flash file then decode it on your computer. This takes time and a special "decompiler" program. If the server uses Java (a programming language) then there may not be a way to circumvent the system unless you know how to write Java programs yourself.

Here's the problem: I think FBLG is using Java.

I looked around in their source a little bit. I saw some Java and Javascript. I fiddled with it a little and then I quit. I didn't have any more time.

But, if I get a wild hare up my A** I might take another crack at those pictures.

Nothing's impossible... Some things just take longer!

Worker: Very informative, however I think I disagree with you re: what FBLG is doing here- I think it's one of two scenarios:

1) They realised their naming scheme was compromised (it took them like 4 years to do so, but still) and didn't like the idea of mass downloading of huge pics from their servers, so they moved the files into another folder and replaced them all with small pink squares. Or simply renamed the files, etc. If this is the case, finding the folder name(s) or changed file name(s) is the key to accessing the files again.

2) As above, but they simply took the files offline. They *are* after all intended for merchants, and not the general public. Perhaps they just offer a DVD of pics now to merchants rather than download URLs. This would not be any more expensive than dealing with terabytes of unauthorised bandwidth. If this is the case, we are all S.O.L.

So, let's hope it's either a temporary thing, or #1 above. Kudos to whoever figures this out, because I personally anticipate the new collection every season. I guess 600X800 is okay, too, and the videos are still available, so...

You may be right. I only looked at the code for their site very briefly. I realized that there was a lot of Java and Flash (God! I HATE flash!) so I stopped working on it.

It's very likely that they just took their images off-line. That's the only REAL way to keep people from downloading them.