Dangers of a furry hug

bob23

The Bears are laughing their furry little a$$es off right now! '

Tai Shan wants me to print out that article so he can take it around and show all the other Bears. He thinks it's hillarious!

What was that guy thinking?! The Bears think he's a fool.

Wikipedia.org[/url]"]The giant panda has long been a favourite of the public, at least partly on account of the fact that the species has an appealing baby-like cuteness that makes it seem to resemble a living teddy bear. The fact that it is usually depicted reclining peacefully eating bamboo, as opposed to hunting, also adds to its image of innocence. Though the giant panda is often assumed docile because of their cuteness, they have been known to attack humans, usually assumed to be out of irritation rather than predatory behavior.

So, there's the panda, chilling out, munching on some bamboo, otherwise minding her own business when some drunken slob sneaks up on her and tries to grab her.

Of COURSE she's going to rip him a new one!

You have to blame the TV and media for selling us "cute cuddly animals" They aren't. Nearly every single animal on the planet is a killing machine

in its own way. It has to be.

My cats have been known to respond in a similar manner to unwanted advances from intruders. Don't they know what TERRITORY is?

Sadly, I also think Steve Irwin hasn't helped...he made animal contact look so easy...but he knew what he was doing. Well ...until he understimated one.

We need to have a drastic revamp of our education system and someone needs to address the media on this. Or all the time it is going to happen more and more.

The problem is when people see nature up close on TV, and its is edited to the cute bits because the blood and guts is now edited out...they do noy realise that the film was shot maybe a half a mile away. They are ued to seeing the animal up close and oing cute stuff so do not know that actually if the photographer was that close to a leopard and the leoprad couldn't escape...he would be ripped to shreds in seconds. Add to that the"Stuff them with food and sedatives so they don't attack the tourists" attitude of tourist safari parks and the problem is compounded.

I saw an eposode of "survival" the old 60s series recently on video. Waht a difference. noi cute there...quite shockingly brutal really.

I know it actually got even worse up until about 8 years ago. Now the killing and violent mating is gone . Animal Planet is surprisingly good at censorship. Can't sell advertising to WSPA if nobody feels sorry for a hippo when they see it bite a zebra in two , or to the RSPCA when they see a fox rip a lamb to bits.

And EVERYONE now think they are a horse whisperer. Then they cry when they get bit and kicked.