The Power of Prayer - And World Peace

FrBrGr

A CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, everyday, for a long, long time. So she went to check it out. She went to the Western Wall and there he was walking slowly up to the holy site. She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, using a cane in a very slow fashion, she approached him for an interview.

"I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN. Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?"

"For about 60 years."

"60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"

"I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims. I pray for all the hatred to stop and I pray for all our children to grow up in safety and friendship."

"How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a goddam wall."

Along the same lines . . .

The British are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist bombing

and threats to destroy aircraft and therefore have raised their security

level from "Miffed" to "Peeved'. Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross".

The Brits have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 - when tea

supplies all but ran out. Terrorists have been officially re-categorised

from "Tiresome" to a "Bloody Nuisance". The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was during the Great Fire of London in 1666.

Well I am damn near "boundahs and cads" over the AR movement, and as far as I know the British haven't felt like that about anyone since 1776.

One thing for sure. This time we will not give in to such upstarts. Look what trouble we let the world in for the last time we let such rabble have their way.