A different world (TV show)

MrLynx

I just watched the tv show A different World and on the show there is a Character named Whitley and she wears furs. im am interested in finding out more about this show. Anybody know anything bout it?

I vaguely remember the show. It was an offshoot of the Cosby Show, when the oldest daughter wanted a better part or something.

Whitley, the stereotypical rich chick/southern belle, wore fur from time to time in the show. A few good ones.

Otherwise the show is so mundane it's escaping anything else I remember.

I do actually recall the episode. The coat was brown but couldn't possibly remember what type of fur it was. Actually that is about the only thing I remember from that show (in any episode) at all !!

During the summer, in my blockbuster online binge, I rented the entire first and second seasons of 'A Different World'. One Sunday afternoon, I watched them all in fast-forward, hoping to catch Whitley in fur...the first episode introducted her character carrying what looked to be a red fox coat in a garment bag, but that's all I could see throughout alllll the DVDs. Perhaps I missed a snipped of a fur scene, but it's more likely that the good furs appeared in the later seasons of the show.

ciao,

J.

During the summer, in my blockbuster online binge, I rented the entire first and second seasons of 'A Different World'. One Sunday afternoon, I watched them all in fast-forward, hoping to catch Whitley in fur...the first episode introducted her character carrying what looked to be a red fox coat in a garment bag, but that's all I could see throughout alllll the DVDs. Perhaps I missed a snipped of a fur scene, but it's more likely that the good furs appeared in the later seasons of the show.

ciao,

J.

Once the girl from Cosby left (I don't know the character's name), the show focused on other characters more, including Whitley. Past the first couple seasons, she wore a fox coat, a white mink jacket, but especially a long, black mink coat.

I could never get past her incredibly bad acting.

Switched to watching "Wild Kingdom" or some other show.

OFF

It seemed humorous to me at the time that she would leave a show that was making her rich and famous to go do another show, and then when it starts to get popular just leave it.

Hollywood sensibilities I suppose.

My fur desires were in full swing during the time that this show was on the air, and yet for the times that I watched it and waited for that random fur scene to pop up so I could get a moment's thrill, the acting of the show drove me away from it more so than the occasional furry scene kept me watching.

This show stunk.

I could never get past her incredibly bad acting.

Switched to watching "Wild Kingdom" or some other show.

OFF

I always thought the acting was EXCELLENT on "Wild Kingdom"!

Wow Tiffany I must say your yahoo shots are wonderful! You have a great sense of style and glamour. You gave some lovely furs; the native parka is fabulous! And I love the gloves with fur trim you have in the smoking shots!

Respect!

Wow Tiffany I must say your yahoo shots are wonderful! You have a great sense of style and glamour. You gave some lovely furs; the native parka is fabulous! And I love the gloves with fur trim you have in the smoking shots!

Respect!

touchofsable,

Thank you for such kind words. I think we have very similar tastes---for example, your avatar picture---leaves me breathless! Also, thanks for your great posts in the Pub forum, the furs and smoking thread is just great.

Fall is setting in very nicely here in the northeast US, and I am looking forard to winter and the chance to take many more new photos.

Best wishes,

Tiffany

Thanks Tiffany. It is nice that we appreciate each others devotion to perfection in terms of female glamour. Thank you for your kind words too

5500 views of that thread and only half a dozen of us have shown enthusiasm publicly!

So where did you get the parka? It is really chic and ethnic.

Hope you do some more smoking in fur shots when it gets cold.

Thanks Tiffany. It is nice that we appreciate each others devotion to perfection in terms of female glamour. Thank you for your kind words too

5500 views of that thread and only half a dozen of us have shown enthusiasm publicly!

So where did you get the parka? It is really chic and ethnic.

Hope you do some more smoking in fur shots when it gets cold.

The Arctic White Wolf parka in my avatar pic was actuallly an Ebay find, about 3-4 years ago. The starting bid was somethiing like $750!!! Well, I placed my bid and watched the auction like a hawk. Days went by with no other bids.....someone must be watching, waiting, ready to snipe.....as the auction drew to miuntes before it's close, you can imagine my fear, my nervousness. I wanted this fur soooooo much!! I had three bids ready to fly....waiting, watching, reloading the page---what scene!

Then, unbelievably, the auction closed....not a single other bid. I would have gladly paid double for this parka. A great sucess story for a furlover