Greece vs USA (basketball world cup)

mailonfurs

Well,

we showed them who is the boss!!

It seems that basketball is meant to stay in the Balkans!

Aster the Serbs now it is our time to grab the trophy (hopefully we will - we may won the US but we still have a difficult final game).

We were far better than the US team and grabbed a well deserved victory! Anyone seen the match?

• 1 month later...

I just saw that this topic was left unanswered.

Why is that folks? no basketball fans or dose it still hurt? hehehe

By the way, the final was a disaster for us. We thought that by winning the USA and having the Spanish team to the final without their best player we would win easily. Very very very disapointing

Kostas,

I went to bed last night feeling bad for you about this thread. I know how very proud it makes you when your team wins! (The Tigers just lost last night! ) And, you should be very proud, too!

I am certain Eric did not mean to come across rude, I know him to be a very sensitive person.

But, I did wonder why there were no posts when you mentioned it. It occurred to me that most of the members that are active in the Pub are not American. Am I wrong?

I wonder if AK has the stats on the nationality of our members. I know on eBay I get stats on the language a computer is registered on, so gives me some idea.

Linda

Edited by Guest

I am only concerned about one thing in Basketball.

It is college womans basketball.

And there is only one team. The UCONN Huskies

And only one coach. Coach Gino.

I'm sorry but I don't watch a lot of sports... or television, in general. I don't have, nor do I want, cable TV. It's not worth the money.

I live within line-of sight of four TV transmitters. I can pick up five stations, clearly, with just a pair of rabbit ears on top of the set. If I put up an antenna on top of the house I could get a couple more stations from Canada. That's all the TV I could ever want. Besides, I work in the movie business. The last thing I want to do when I get home at night (sometimes LATE at night) is to watch TV!

That's why I am on the computer so much. I play on the computer and surf the internet during the time that most people spend sitting in front of the TV.

Thus, I did not see the basketball tourney.

I'm sorry to say it but Eric is right. Most American people don't seem to care about inernational sports. I don't think he meant to say that in a negative way. I think he meant to say that most Americans have a bad attitude about sports. If it isn't the N.F.L. or World Series Baseball or some other major televised sports franchise, too many people are too lazy to change the channel.

If it's a consolation, I'm glad your team did so well. People who play hard deserve to win.

LInda,

Sorry, there is no easy way to determine country of origin of posts or members.

Maybe through awstats if you use cpanel you could see the origin of the visitors (not just members though)

Sorry, there is no easy way to determine country of origin of posts or members.

Or should that be: "There is no **COUGH** ETHICAL **COUGH** way to determine the origin of a post.

Worker all major sites collect IP addresses and also the recorded computer stats such as tech info and language recorded.

It unbelievable what eBay provides to power sellers.

I believe goDaddy provides this for a small fee.

L

There's a technique called "I.P. Fingerprinting" that can be used to determine all sorts of information about the user at the other end of the line. With that and judicious use of "traceroute" and "whois / finger" you can find out all SORTS of data about the user.

The UserAgent and cookie gathering that a lot of sites adds even MORE information that can be collected about the user!

It's truly scary, sometimes!