Most surprising fur city?

ArgentFox

Hi everyone,

When it comes to cities where fur is popular, it seems like New York, Milan, Montreal, and a few others are consistently listed. What cities have you been pleasantly surprised by, in terms of seeing furs being worn. I'll start by mentioning Denver, at least the airport. With all the ski resorts in the area it seems like this should be fairly obvious but I was really surprised by how many younger women were wearing beautiful fur coats, especially blue foxes and silver foxes. I admit that I haven't been there for ten years, I hope that's still the case. Other surprises?

Well, not so much women wearing furs, but as far as furriers and fur-shops go, I would have to say Rhodes in Greece. I had no idea when I first visited, but there is literally a fur-shops every other corner!

you probably do not know of Kastoria, Greece where I come from. All furs in Greece are created here in Kastoria and a small city near here called Siatista. Almost 99% of the furs bought in Greece were manufactured here!!

Next time you visit Rhodes, ask the furriers where they're from or where is their base. You'll be surprised! Almost all of them would be from here.

Also, Kastorians are scattered across the globe. Just check the furriers in Canada, US, Germany etc. A lot of them have greek names, and their origin was from here.

Argent...

I just noticed that this was your first post. I would like to give you a hearty welcome to the Den. I just got back here from being away for awhile, and it is so great to see a new member coming in right after my return.

I really hope that this will be your new home, so - Welcome Home Argent!

White Fox

Admin

New Mexico(Seriously) Tourists in the ski towns and local's who don't like the cold, if you consider 30's cold.

Thanks for the welcome White Fox.

Deauville -- that's exactly the kind of place I hoped this discussion would generate. I've never heard of it either, but I won't forget it now.

AF

• 2 weeks later...

Have to put in a plug for my home town, if for no other reason than how much my wife wears her 4 "good" furs (golden island, crystal, blue foxes and her black mink) around town. We usually put all four in the Miata, and during the day she changes so that all 4 get worn. We have had nothing but raves. What is even more interesting is that in our small town about an hour away, she wears them all the time and gets even MORe compliments! In 20 years of fur wearing she has only been hassled one time, a co worker at the high school she teaches at who said "I hope that ISN"T real!" about her crystal to which she replied, "It sure is and I LOVE IT!". Two oh her friends, each who own a fur, cracked up laughing.

My point here is that the fur life is what you make it. Any town can be a fur town if you step out in style and as always, keep a smile on your face

As a side note, and one we worry about in our travels, where is NOT a good place? Where is there a likelihood of confrontation or being hassled?

Deauville does not suprise me at all. It is the most expensive seaside resort that is in reach of Paris. And Paris and it's rich are propably also a group of people where fur is popular. At least I can remember a holiday in the winter in Paris where I saw women in furcoats everywhere. We went to a small jazzconcert and more then half of the women had there fox coat with them. So that you see a lot of fur in Deauville does not suprise me. As far as I know is Deauville also quiet popular with filmstars.