Making faked FUR Photo's

txohsobad

Hey guys and gals I am curious as to which program is the best at making faked fur photos. I would like to play around and create some photos that are as realistic as possible.

Do you want to create fur or do you simply want to cut/paste fur from one image to another?

Photoshop and GIMP are the definitive programs to use for cut/paste.

You can use certian tricks in Photoshop to create the illusion of fur but it's not easy. GIMP has macros that will create some pretty good fur but it's not really convincing. But, if you want to really create fur and make it look good you're going to have to use a 3-D rendering program... Maya or Blender are the standard.

You don't have to buy the full-blown version Photoshop. There is aprogram called "Photoshop Elements". It's a smaller scale version of Photoshop for home use. It only costs about $80 vs. the full programs $800.

GIMP is free if you are willing to learn its arcane interface. >> Get GIMP here. <<

If you want to try your hand at 3-D check out Blender >> Get Blender here. <<

But, if you think using GIMP is hard, Blender will blow your mind. Its interface is completely alien. But, if you are willing to learn the program you can do some truly amazing things!

>> Check out the Blender Art Gallery! <<

Windows, Mac, Linux, Solaris, Unix... Just about everything!

Just click the "Download" link on the page I linked to. It's all there for the taking... for FREE!

Lots of people use GIMP right along with Blender to paste rendered images into real ones. Blender can output in a variety of formats. You should be able to find something that works for you.

Just one word of warning: Blender is hard to learn. But if you are willing to take the time, as you have seen, amazing results can be achieved! But, if you can make the jump from Photoshop to GIMP, you should be able to learn Blender in a similar amount of time.