"Spot" Cleaning Those Little Accidents

FrBrGr

This is a question that is closely related to the one I posted above. (Or is it below . . . ? ) It is no secret that for many, if not most of us, fur is an (if not the) essential ingredient in the sexual experience. We love its presence when we are making love with our partners, or it is an able substitute when it comes to autoeroticism. Anyway, what can be done at home to correct those little "accidents" that might happen when love's tender juices find their way onto the fur? Is this something that:

(A) A little water and Woolite can handle.

(B) Will cause embarrassment, but something that a furrier should clean.

© Should never happen. Keep the coat in the closet unless it's worn!

(D) Should never be a concern if you buy furs specifically for that purpose. They can always be thrown away.

Thank you!

(A) A little water and Woolite can handle.

(B) Will cause embarrassment, but something that a furrier should clean.

© Should never happen. Keep the coat in the closet unless it's worn!

(D) Should never be a concern if you buy furs specifically for that purpose. They can always be thrown away.

Thank you!

First, I am assuming the fur is a pleasure fur and not an expensive new fur.

If it is a new or expensive fur, blot and wipe to remove anything obvious and take to a furrier for cleaning. Why risk damaging a special fur, when less than $100 will fix the problem?

(A) I would not use water and Woolite that can get on the hide. Any liquid on the hide will dry the pelt. It is only used by professionals when the pelt has to be shaped for patterns. So, avoid liquids.

This does not mean you cannot use a damp cloth to lightly wipe and blot. DO NOT RUB.

Once the spot is dry you can use a comb to carefully comb out the spot. But, this should be done carefully to not pull or break the guardhair.

Remember as a fur ages, especially fox and coyote, the guardhair will look great, and yet the pelt is starting to crumble. The hide is thin and cannot handle stress. So, if you find in carefully cleaning your fur, it tears or comes apart, don't feel bad. It could not have been fixed by a pro. As with all good things, they have their time!

One sign that the pelt is drying is the guardhair will look stiffer and dull. It has lost the natural oils. So has the hide.

(B) This should NOT cause you embarrassment! You do exactly what you do at the dry cleaner. Say while you are cleaning this fur, would you please note this spot? Trust me, the furrier DOES NOT want to know the details of how it got there. If they ask for information on what type of stain it is just say simply, You and your friend were having " a little too much fun."

Also, any fluids on a fur should be carefully blotted and wiped and air dryed. Do not use any heat source or light to speed drying. I personally would hang it in a dry room away from heat and light sources. Avoid a damp basement or bathroom. The longer the fur takes to dry the harder it is on it.

© (D) You are absolutely correct in (D)!

Fur is one of God's gifts to us. It also has a limited life. Don't let life pass you by with the treasurers of your life set aside to "save them" WEAR and USE your fur!!

But, with that said; just as I have different shoes and clothes for different uses, I would do the same with furs. Why use an expensive wearable fur as a toy that can be damaged?

Go ahead and use the good fur, but add a less expensive piece to handle the abuse. eBay has many inexpensive furs and fur pieces that can be cheaply purchased from reliable sellers. Also consider buying newer tanned hides as "extras" to add to your collection.

I personally would never use an expensive or important fur as a toy. I love the furs too much! It would be a turn off to me. I might start wearing or using a nice fur and then put it aside for another piece. After all, why be in a hurry? Just plan ahead so you have a natural progression.

Linda