New York Times Magazine

GreenwichVillageFurGirl

In the 80's and EARLY 90's The NYT Sunday Magazine ran MANY Fur Ads and for a few years a supplement of 30 pages of Fur Ads. When there was a fire in my home I lost my collection of the mags from over the years. These were ads from Pappas, Birgir Christenson, Antonowich and mostly NYC Furriers. Does anyone still have a collection of these Mags.

Hi there and welcome.

I am afraid I can't help but have a big collection of magazines from the 50s including all vogues and tatlers, so to hear of your catastrophe ...I feel for you.

You may be lucky that someone here may have these magazines, however probabaly the best source is the magazine and catalogue sellers on ebay.

That means looking regularly and in ebay stores. If you are patient then they will come up on there.

However I wish you good luck in your quest, and hope someone here can help you.

Welcome and hope you find the place as interesting as we do.

I also had a large collection of pictures from NY Times magazine. Over a thousand pages I would think. All were lost when I put them in storage and a bottle of cleaner leaked onto the box.

I would suggest going to where I originally got them...used periodical dealers. I cant provide any names, it was 20 years ago when I ordered NY Times magazine from such dealers. I am sure a Google search would turn some up quickly. I found that the best years were 1978-1986. I probably wouldn't waste the money on those from the 90's.

Geez... those were the days. I had sooooo many pics from the 70s and early 80s NYT, Daily News and even the Newark Star Ledger (the Thanksgiving Flemington Fur ads were to die for) stashed away in boxes down in my parents' basement. One day they decided to clean out their basement...

FLinFL

There may be an answer. Library may have the NYT on microfilm, or computer. for people to look up older info. Usually 100% of the paper would be copied to the film. Just a thought.

Furup