3000 Pictures! And a hint or two on using the Gallery...

White Fox

Ladies and Gentlemen. We did it! Three days back I was sure we would not be at 3,000 pictures when AK opened the Den to new members who cannot see it. But, Foxfurlover just brought it to 3,002 in total. Now then, it is possible that when the picture mods edit out a duplicate or two that the total may go down a little. However, I think we can officially say that we have it right now. Folks, you are such a tremendous bunch of people. You are the ones making this work. You are doing such a fantastic job posting so many beautiful photos in the Gallery! I just have to say a huge Congratulations! The new members first seeing it on Sunday are going to love it!

#2. There are a couple of hints with Coppermine. Just little "quirks" in the way it files pictures. You will see that each photo is numbered when you enlarge it. It is best to not refer to the photo using that number as those numbers change. If you want to show people a particular photo, just post the title of it and the poster, and folks can search it out if they need to using the search mechanism. The same thing that causes that number to change can cause the link to an actual picture to change as well, so links can be tricky. It is again better to simply use search. By the way, to Search, just click the search tab. Generally you will probably want to check the "File Name" and "Owner" boxes. Owner is the picture owner. Then, you can enter the picture name and the poster both and search will search out both terms and go right to the exact photo immediately.

#3. It is possible that you may have tried to enlarge a photo, and found that you were looking at the wrong one. It is possible to have that happen when a mod is moving pictures or a member is posting them. If that happens, just be patient. Just return in a short while when the editing is completed and you will find it will be back to normal. It is just something that can happen when the mods are working with the "Program".

Tremendous job folks! The Gallery is looking beautiful!

White Fox

Glad to be of service! Working on uploading my 290+ collection of Canadian Coats Ebay shots, then I'll move on to some others that I think haven't been posted yet.

Fox