Bad news (not really)

Guest maribeth

Well, Just to say it is not bad news for me.I wont be able to do any fur pics this fall.Sorry to you all.

the reason is because Iam PREGNANT and due in Jan 30 2007

So I will have to use some old pics and try to talk my friend to help me out.

I look foreward to becomming a mom. 8)

So I will have alot of time to work in the fur den this fall

MB

Maribeth...

Was that the night that you had that white fox coat on whn you and I went.....

No couldn't be! That was too long ago!

Hope all goes really well with your new addition! Your whole life is just beginning and it will turn out GREAT!

White

How about a Demi Moore in fur?

Congratulations!

Why would being pregnant stop you from taking pictures? Of course, they wouldn't be the same kind of pictures you originally planned, but there's no reason you couldn't keep your plans. Is there?

What about a series? A photo shoot every month from now until the big day. I don't see this as a loss, per se, but a chance to do something totally new and different on the creative front.

I don't suppose it's okay to put a new baby in a fur blanket. Is it?

Gosh! I can only imagine how great that would be!

I'm sure there's some kind of a health or hygene issue about that.

Then, again, you could use a nice polyester plush blankie (Washable) until the baby is old enough to graduate to the real thing.

Good luck and best wishes on the new baby!

That is fantastic news, Maribeth!

Congratulations and all the best for the coming months and the new arrival!

May happiness and health surround you!

Thespis71

Now just a thought here.

I can't believe that I am saying this, but I really think that as the first two names that....... Earendil White........... sounds better than........ White Earendil. Something about that last combination just doesn't work.

W

Congrats Maribeth - The creation of life -it happens every day, but never stops being a miracle. and you did it! Good health to you and your baby

Health and hygiene Worker? Comfort, security, and contentment is the best foundation for good health (I mean, just look at your bears!) and a baby is more than tough enough to cope with a lot more in the world than what is lurking in a fur rug. In many parts of the world, an animal skin is all there is to rest a baby down on.

Many congrats from us both! We agree that you needn't stop the pix. Being with child will give a pretty woman like you a marvelous glow!

-hugs-

Janey & Dave

Ah Maribeth....

What more can one say than has not been said before.

A broken leg can have its benefits, eh?? (yeah, I know... more like the recovery process LOL)

Hey Maribeth!!

Congratulations!! Reckon you'll make an amazing mother - hopefully you'll be swaddling your babe in furs from an early age.

Any thoughts on a name yet? I hear Jody's good..

Unclejoe

...Comfort, security, and contentment is the best foundation for good health (I mean, just look at your bears!) and a baby is more than tough enough to cope with a lot more in the world than what is lurking in a fur rug. In many parts of the world, an animal skin is all there is to rest a baby down on.

I'm thinking much along the same lines as you but I just don't know enough about babies health issues to make a judgement for certain.

I can imagine all the benefits, just as you mention, of swaddling a new baby in yummy, soft fur: Security, warmth and contentment. I would not hesitate, for one second, to give a newborn baby a nice (baby-safe) Teddy Bear. But most Bears are made from man-made plush, be they mohair or synthetic. I wouldn't give a fur Bear to a baby until he/she was old enough - at least a few months - to have it in their crib with them any time.

With that in mind, I just thought the alternative would be much the same. Simply keep the baby in plush until he/she is old enough. Or, for the best of both worlds, keep the real fur for special occasions. Even if you're 100% sure real fur is the way to go, you've got to admit that, when it comes to babies and all the messes they make when they are first born, man-made fur is a whole heck of a lot easier to clean. You can have a mohair blanket dry cleaned and a synthetic, polyester plush blanket can be carefully washed in a machine at home.

If you look hard enough, there ARE some really nice synthetic furs to be found. Of course, they can't hold a candle to real fur but, when you have to make a compromise, I don't think it's a bad alternative.

No matter, really. I can still imagine that Maribeth will make a realy great "Fur Mommy!"

maribeth;

My earliest and fondest memories are nestled in a huge [to me at the time] Silver Fox collar. I leared that much later.

I think it's why I'm such a nice guy.

OFF

Thanks everone it makes me feel great,even tho I still get morning sickness, That sucks!

We haven't thought of any solid names yet but Iam working on it, I am going to use my husbands "JC" for the name so far, if a boy comes it will be James Charles named after the two grandfathers.And for a girl Jessica Christine, So far But some help would be great so Use "JC"

As for the hole fur thing we are going to wait,But Fabulous Furs has some nice faux fur stuff for kids.take a look

http://fabulousfurs.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_13087_A_Leopard+faux+fur+vests+

http://fabulousfurs.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_13244_A_Boy%27s+Fisher+parka

http://fabulousfurs.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_13186_A_Pink+Mink+faux+fur+jacket

http://fabulousfurs.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_10070_A_Faux+Pink+Mink+Throw+and+Pillow+Set

and Iam sure I can find other stuff.

As for the pics Iam not happy when I don't look right (girl Thing)

Thanks again

MB

So, you're gonna go with names beginning with JC then? Talk about spooky - those are my first two initials!!

Unclejoe

maribeth;

Furriers use to make all that stuff for kids in real fur.

I can remember a couple of girls in grade school with the nicest fur parkas and jackets. Most were Rabbit but not all.

I wonder if they still do that.

A "Throw" is about the right size for a kids bed and less expensive also.

OFF

the only thing i would say about the fur with babies is that they may have allergies upon birth that the parents don't pick up on.... i say this cause my nephew who is just 4 the other week has bad allergies to dairy; though my sisters and i mentioned this might be the problem, they did not listen to us as my brother thinks he is immune to allergies (with our family history that is madness!). The poor little boy doesn't know it either, but goodness he gets hateful and feels bad when he has that allergy irritant! other than that, i do think it should be safe to use real fur around the baby... but the consideration for cleaning the fur is another thing entirely when it comes to babies, i think (spitting up etc).