Uploading Pictures. IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Mr Barguzin

G'day.

As you may notice if you pop over to the Gallery, some new pics have been added.

Now, that in itself is no great surprise...... but there were one or two problems.... minor things that you, yes YOU the uploader can assist we mods with, and ensure that your pics go where you believe they should go.

When you upload a pic or ten, you are then sent to a page that asks you to go add a title to the image and there is below that a larger box called DESCRIPTION. Now, it is THAT little box that we (I) want you to use to tell us where you believe the pic should go.

The reason I bring this up is that I forgot that a couple of pics were faked, but the uploader sent me a PM and the problem of old age was amended.

So folks, do yourself a favour (and us mods *grin*) and give us a hand to ensure your pics go exactly where you would like then to be seen. You can even tell us if you want the description deleted or not... It is all up to you. Furthermore, you can tell us why you like the pic.. or the woman or the fur(s). There is probably a text limit in that text box, so try and keep descriptions to less than oooooooooh 50 words.... WEG Sorry ToSser.

That's all fur now folks...... *grin*

Edited by Guest

Minkme asked if there was a way to see the latest pics uploaded.

I initially said that there was no date facility available..... but after doing some research... yes there is.

It is available by clicking on the icon 'Last Upload(s)' which shows all files uploaded from last to first. It appears in all Styles.

Further more, maybe using a date in the search function may work.... I haven't tried that yet, but you never know *grin*

Folks;

More descriptions at least your intent for a category would make life a lot easier placing your pictures in the proper Album.

It would be nice [not necessary] if in eBay pictures you know the seller. I don't always know or remember myself.

I have been "cleaning up" some of my pictures lately as I have gotten better with GIMP [Photo Shop]. I have done this with several of my "dirty" favorites over the past few days.

It will make our picture site all the much better if you have the talent, to do this when possible.

OFF

Pictures posting seems to be off line at the moment folks. I am sure it will be temporary. There are though something like 1700 photos there now to enjoy courtesy of a number of members.

W

• 3 weeks later...

PEOPLE WITH LARGE COLLECTIONS!!!!!

Please space your uploads out over time.

It not only will make for more variety and interest in the site overall but will give others waiting in line a chance to load some of theirs.

PLEASE SAY IF IT IS A BIG FILE!!!!!!!

OFF

A SUGGESTION

I would recommend that if you can clean up and fix any of your Pictures it will certainly make the picture Gallery that much nicer than most.

Others such as Fox Files and even Sheeney's are not perfect as we get them. Web shots are all over the place from too light to too dark. Many are retrievable however.

I find that certain sources have common failings in their pictures. For instance canadiancoats are all washed out and a bit off color. This is easily adjustable in either Photoshop or GIMP. It takes little time once you know how to use them. It doesn't take long to learn.

Many of you already know how and it's worth the effort. The pictures come alive when tweaked just a little.

Thank you all for your wonderful contributions.

OFF

Edited by Guest

Yes, and I'd like to add two things:

1) If you scan your photos from magazine layouts or any kind of printed material, please turn on "Descreening" in your scanner if so equipped.

Those "moire patterns" that appear in scanned pictures taken from magazines are very annoying. (You don't have to descreen real photographs.)

2) If your picture is already compressed (jpeg, gif, compressed tiff, etc.) don't recompress it when you save. Compressing an already compressed picture ruins it and makes it look all jagged.