When was the last time?

saynotofaux

When was the last time any of you saw anyone wearing a fur coat? 
i’m talking full coats & jackets now, not trim. It’s been a couple of years since i saw one, & i’m an avid fur spotter! Used to see a few at the big antique fairs in the winter, but even that’s tailing off. 

• Like 2

I most recently saw someone wearing a fur when I was in downtown Chicago last winter during our annual Christmas parade on Michigan Avenue and it was a young woman in a full length Silver Fox

Edited by Panther10
  • Like 4

Maybe 2 or 3 winters ago, I was two ladies wearing their coats.  One blue fox and one mink

Last year, maybe 2 or 3 mink stoles going.

These were ladies attending the Nutcracker show..

Last December, mink coat at a wedding.

San Francisco, CA

• Like 1

Last time I can prove was 8th of March this year, during the Women Day protest down time, one mink jacket and one that I could not really identify, but probably some fox pelts jacket. 

Before that 28th of February, on the tram from one of my work location to an other, A younger lady in what I was sure was a blue fox coat. 

Even if Norway is not the fur country it was when I was a bit younger about 10-15 year ago, there is still quite a few women that wear fur from about a month or so before Christmas and up to around easter. So if the shooting note for last year is any thing to go from it must have been about 5-8 time that I did manage to get some ok shoots for my own collections.

• Like 4

Last winter in Winnipeg where we historically go through week long stretches of the high never getting above -20C and lows in the low -30s, I saw maybe 3 fur coats all winter besides me... the last one that stands out was a beaver parka with fox trim around the hood.. and it wasnt even that cold out when I saw it!  Its been very warm here for October, we've only had one night all month where its gone below 0C which is pretty strange.. all week the highs are calling anywhere from 13-17C .. By now Ive usually at least once worn my raccoon out to the park for a morning walk, but hasnt happened yet.. next week is calling for much cooler temps , highs in the low single digits, and lows -4 or so... so as long as there isn't any rain in the forecast might be able to sneak in a short walk in the raccoon coat...

I’m sure I’ve spotted in passing the last couple of years but I distinctly remember seeing a wife with her husband and family out and about during New Years Day 2016 in her full length Coyote coat enjoying the ambiance in one of our touristy towns of our state known for Tree Lighting and Winter celebrations during the holidays. Definitely an eye catcher for sure.

I usually commute by train and in the last 2000s saw ladies in their full length minks during the winter months. But yes, those days are getting fewer and fewer as well.

• 3 months later...

I live near lingfield hoarse racetrack. So often see ladies in fur. Everything from hats and trim to full length coats 

Just back from Paris, lots of people wearing fur. Men, older women in full length foxes, even some girls in their 20’s wearing fox jackets. Queued for the Eurostar home behind a beautiful woman wearing full length mink. Thankfully it was a long slow queue and I kept getting pushed into her by the crowd….

• Like 4

I guess with the #mob_wife_aesthetic trend taking off in the USA, it means furs will be a lot more prevalent. I just hope women don’t lean in too hard into this trend and try to prevent men from enjoying furs too. Some of us have spent the last 20 years trying to climb up this particular fashion ladder and have earned the right to stay right where we are. 

• Like 1

Good year for fur in Toronto, Canada...

Mostly younger afluent women in those (what I consider to be) awful modern mink coats with the horizontal sections of fur that have been popular in the last 15 years...

BUT MORE AND MORE VINTAGE!!!

Had a long conversation with an older woman wearing a vintage full-length silver fox last night when our family was out to dinner... She loved the attention!

• Like 4

Bonsoir j'ai vu  plien de etudidiante samedi soir  rue de Bourgogne a Orléans en manteaux de fourrure de renard  et vison 

• Like 2

Working in aviation in the private/corporate sector, today I just saw a man, late 60s early 70s, come off a gulfstream g280 wearing a black sheared mink bomber jacket with a black fox collar and his wife, 50s-60s, wearing a Eurasian lynx stroller length coat. Very nice people. They were coming from the Super Bowl 

• Like 3

It is refreshing to hear about so many furs being worn in all these places. May the trend continue!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chrisfurlover said:

Working in aviation in the private/corporate sector, today I just saw a man, late 60s early 70s, come off a gulfstream g280 wearing a black sheared mink bomber jacket with a black fox collar and his wife, 50s-60s, wearing a Eurasian lynx stroller length coat. Very nice people. They were coming from the Super Bowl 

A couple weeks ago in St Moritz's saw a young couple in there early 20s stepping also out of a private jet in to the  rear of a waiting Rolls he  in a mink lined crocodile jacket his girlfriend in a floor length coat of Russian Berguzin Sable

• Like 4

I've seen many fur coats in richest cities of ITALY, like Milan, Verona, Padua, Venice and ofc in luxury skiing stations like Cortina d'Ampezzo, Courmayer

• Like 1

I know what you mean .I live in. Florida now so that goes without saying no furs to be seen . But growing up in Boston . When I was younger 8 used to have my mom bring me to the mall and drop me off and I would make a day out of just walking around and spotting woman in there furs .and finding a way to get close enough to them to be able to grase the back of my hand against there fur . And that would be enough to set me off . Or I would go to beacon st or Copley square and the rich lady's would be everywhere wearing furs showing off for eachother .those were the days

• Like 2

Very disappointing here in Winnipeg... apparently wob wife hasnt caught on here... Besides the 5 or 6 different coats Ive gone for walks in, Ive seen 2 fur coats all winter... A black full length mink, and an older European woman walking around the duck pond at the park with her friend wearing an older probably from the 70s mink jacket...

Temperatures havent been overly favorable for fur this season either... winter has just not really existed.. we had about 2 weeks of cold, and then we were into the plus side of single digits for 2 weeks, we now just went through a few days of cold.. (I did enjoy wearing my raccoon coat on day, and my coyote the next) but its already warmed up to -10C @ 7AM and a high of -2... its windy though, so the windchill is cold, and perfect for a walk in raccoon this morning... this has probably been the most disappointing year for me wearing fur...  Ive probably got more time logged wrapped in fur coats inside than outside this winter!

• Like 1

Last January , I live in North Hampshire. There is a very posh farm shop and a shop selling household stuff like lamps etc. I caught glimpse of a lady wearing an exquisite mink with leather trousers and boots . She looked divine.