Muffs

paul2809

Are fur muffs or barrel muffs worth investing in to keep hands warm as well as a functioning purse as well??

I've seen quite a few nice mink fur muffs on ebay that I'm interested in...

I really love fur muffs, the bigger the better, only I don't really use them as purse but many have a double function purse / hand warmer. 

I own a couple fox fur hand muffs that have sheared beaver fur on the inside but they are not as functional as I was hoping they’d be. I should have gone with double sided fox for that extra insulation. I live in Chicago and during El Niño periods we can get a lot of brutal cold and snow. Our last few Polar Vortexes occurred during those winters. And I bought the hand muffs out of a reactionary measure to counter extreme weather in the future. Unfortunately I tested them out in more mild 20 degree weather and they didn’t even hold up in that weather. So I’m going to have to go through a bit of a rethink. I’ll either have to start over from scratch and purchase a new handmuff, or recycle the muffs that I have and perhaps sew them together? Maybe even with some artificial down stuffed inside them to make them firmer and protect my hands?

I like your idea Panther10, I want a large one that I can atleast drop my wallet and keys in and zip them up...while I'm out walking and shopping in furs....atleast it would  be handy to have...