new to me

furcoatman

WOW!! Talk about a Stylistic throwback(up).

Like the 1880's to 1920's in updated gaudy bad taste to the point of being rather interesting.

Not sure who the hell would wear it ro where?

Any ideas Linda?

OFF

What incredible idea!

So much more interesting to take an old coat and make something tasteful as an accessory instead of a vest.

I would especially love something like this in a skiwear line. "Hat hair" is always a problem.

Could see these with new "big sunglasses" look.

Linda

great hats indeed! as to where to wear them... unless you have magnificent events to go to, perhaps they are for fantasy play at home, eh?

Obviously haute couture.

Something that looks at furs (clothing in general) as wearable art. It is not really meant to wear out on a daily basis but for special occasions only. Even then, it will probably be worn once or twice then put away.

The web page actually states that the designer considers his works to be art.

I kinda' like them but, as Miss T said, I'd never have a reason to wear them out. Only at home for play. But, then, I'd never have that kind of scratch.

The way I figure, designers do these sorts of things just to make a splash... to stir the pot, if you will. That's how they get their names out for people to recognize. If they don't people won't buy their "everyday" lines.

In short, it's an elaborate publicity stunt.

(But in this case, not an alltogether unpleasant one. )

great hats indeed! as to where to wear them... unless you have magnificent events to go to, perhaps they are for fantasy play at home, eh?

Me and my x can certainly vouch for that

I have a jean francois morisette sheared beaver, in navy, 54inches, with what appears to be a metis desigh dyed into it in red white and yellow tartan on cuffs and a sash.

It is absolutely beautiful.

I can recommend on that evidence anything he does.