I’m interested in possibly starting a live auction

Panther10

Hey all. So I’ve got a bunch of fur accessories that I need to let go since I’m strapped for cash. It’s mostly small dollar items like gloves and a few hats. But there are some big ticket items like stoles, purses, muffs and mittens as well. I may even have some jackets and coats but they’re mostly in rough shape. I could probably let them go for craft cutter prices.

But bottom line there is a heck of a lot. I’d say close to 50 pieces. Too many to list on eBay all at once and I don’t want to have to itemize and type everything out. So I was thinking of doing some kind of low key live auction on YouTube and accepting superchat donations from members who would like to participate to facilitate in purchasing the items. That way it’s all first come first serve and everyone get their chance at purchasing something. So if I have a $50 or $100 item to sell, all a buyer has to do is send the proper donation via superchat and the item is theirs. 

if you guys are up for this idea I’d love to green light it. Just let me know in the comments or feel free to DM me 

Im not sure the community is big enough for a live auction. Perhaps you can start by posting here a few pictures with an overview of what you want to sell, perhaps you can already get some offers. 

1 hour ago, FullLengthFox said:

Im not sure the community is big enough for a live auction. Perhaps you can start by posting here a few pictures with an overview of what you want to sell, perhaps you can already get some offers. 

Yeah you might be right about that. I also just found out that YouTube requires you to have at least 1000 subscribers to your channel before you can start accepting super chats.  Damn I was hoping to avoid listing things one by one since I have arthritis issues in my hands and I can’t type for long periods 

• 1 month later...

The live auction will not be happening because apparently for tax purposes I need at least 1000 subscribers on YouTube. I don’t even have an active channel let alone subscribers so this isn’t happening. And I’d rather not bother to list anything on eBay because the items are so small dollar that I wouldn’t even make any money. 

• 2 weeks later...

That’s a possibility. In the meantime I may have found a new permanent line of work that is still in the fur industry that would benefit all of us who are looking to purchase small dollar and large dollar furs. I’m about to make a separate post for that