Sigh: More Photo Fakery

maktak

This photo came up on eBay:

Picture 1 of 3

from a seller calling themselves "expert.creative."

The photo was plundered from Madison Avenue Malls:

Crystal-Fox-Jacket-White-Fox-Trim.jpg

and it appears they just slapped a pair of glasses and a wider smile atop.

This "expert.creative"'s eBay profile features several other sets of plundered photos, of course.

This isn't anything new, but it is a touch more subtle than just stealing the photos directly. How awful.

• Like 2

Yeah between AI and photoshop, a few years down the road it will become really difficult to tell the differences between a legitimate fur that’s for sale and a complete sham but this photo here really makes that possible future seem not only slightly more inevitable but also pretty bleak. So I would advise all of our users here to find a local furrier near your hometown and support them 

36 minutes ago, Panther10 said:

Yeah between AI and photoshop, a few years down the road it will become really difficult to tell the differences between a legitimate fur that’s for sale and a complete sham but this photo here really makes that possible future seem not only slightly more inevitable but also pretty bleak. So I would advise all of our users here to find a local furrier near your hometown and support them 

Blockchain is supposed to assist in authenticate the legitimacy of digital offerings. Just far down the road is it going to be widely spread so that us end users can easily recognize a creative transform when online shopping is anybody’s guess.

1 hour ago, pnwhist said:

Blockchain is supposed to assist in authenticate the legitimacy of digital offerings. Just far down the road is it going to be widely spread so that us end users can easily recognize a creative transform when online shopping is anybody’s guess.

Blockchain is only used for cryptocurrency though it doesn’t help when it comes to real purchases. If I want to buy a fur online for the purposes of not just owning a thing but so it can protect me from the cold in the winter time, what the hell kind of assistance is an NFT going to provide? A picture on my phone doesn’t provide insulation from the elements. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Panther10 said:

Blockchain is only used for cryptocurrency though it doesn’t help when it comes to real purchases. If I want to buy a fur online for the purposes of not just owning a thing but so it can protect me from the cold in the winter time, what the hell kind of assistance is an NFT going to provide? A picture on my phone doesn’t provide insulation from the elements. 

It’s popularized in cryptocurrency but not limited to.

Blockchain technology has a wide range of applications beyond cryptocurrencies. Some of the notable uses for blockchain technology include:

1. Supply chain management: Blockchain can provide transparency and traceability in supply chains, enabling secure tracking of goods from their origin to their destination. It helps prevent counterfeiting, ensures quality control, and enhances efficiency.

2. Identity management: Blockchain can be leveraged to create decentralized and secure digital identities. This can be useful for various applications, such as voter registration, healthcare records, passport verification, and secure access to online services.

3. Smart contracts: Smart contracts are self-executing contracts with predefined rules written on blockchain. These contracts automatically execute when specified conditions are met, eliminating the need for intermediaries and ensuring transparency and accuracy in agreements.

4. Decentralized finance (DeFi): Blockchain facilitates decentralized finance applications, enabling peer-to-peer lending, borrowing, trading, and other financial services without the need for intermediaries like banks. DeFi can provide increased accessibility, transparency, and reduced costs compared to traditional financial systems.

5. Intellectual property protection: Blockchain can be utilized to establish proof of ownership and existence of digital assets, such as patents, copyrights, and trademarks. It helps prevent intellectual property infringement and strengthens the protection of creative work.

6. Healthcare data management: Blockchain can offer secure and interoperable storage of healthcare data, ensuring privacy, transparency, and accessibility for patients and healthcare providers. It can streamline medical records management, improve data reliability, and facilitate medical research.

7. Energy markets: Blockchain can enable peer-to-peer energy trading, decentralized grid management, and transparent monitoring of energy consumption. This technology allows for efficient utilization of renewable energy sources and reduces reliance on centralized energy providers.

AWS has a service to leverage “blockchain as a service” so it has a wide range of use cases.