Hi!

Showgirl2017

Hi, I’m new here & wanted to introduce myself. I’m from NYC & can’t wait for the summer to be over so I can start wearing my furs again!!  I need to figure out ways to wear them more casually, so I can get as much use out of them as possible. What’s everyone’s favorite way to dress down your fur? 

• Like 3

Hi! I have a red Rex rabbit jacket, a chinchilla jacket, a full length mink, a light brown/ivory cross mink zip jacket, a white & lynx dyed fox full length coat & a 3/4 sable. 

• Like 1

The long coats are more difficult to wear dressed down. I’ve seen pics online of women wearing jeans & sneakers with their furs. I have to try it!

Long fur coats are definitely more apparent, the look you describe will probably be the easiest to wear (both in practical sense and if you don't want to draw too much attention). Personally I prefer longer fur coats, with high heels or boots. 

Edited by FullLengthFox
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2023 at 5:22 PM, Showgirl2017 said:

The long coats are more difficult to wear dressed down. I’ve seen pics online of women wearing jeans & sneakers with their furs. I have to try it!

Welcome,

love the Dressing Down Look you describe.

I wear my Coats that way as often as possible in fall/winter.

• Like 1

Welcome, fur lover from MA here also waiting for the cold fur weather to come back! When it comes to casual fur wearing you can never go wrong with a fur parka. Shops like Daymis Furry on etsy have great fox and rabbit-lined fur parkas so you get all the joy of being wrapped in soft fur without looking all flashy. Waist-length coats are also much more casual than the full lengths so you can't go wrong there, although even here in Massachusetts I've seen more and more full length minks in the past few years which is nice. Anyway, hope you find a style that suits you, enjoy your time here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2023 at 3:52 AM, FullLengthFox said:

Long fur coats are definitely more apparent, the look you describe will probably be the easiest to wear (both in practical sense and if you don't want to draw too much attention). Personally I prefer longer fur coats, with high heels or boots. 

Yes, a long fur with heels or boots is such an elegant classic look!!

• Like 1

It is my humble opinion that dressing down is not just about the fur coat, although I do think my f/l blackglama mink is dressier than my shearlings. My f/l coyote is also not so dressy and the foxes somewhere in between.

• Thanks 1

In general, dress standards are pretty lax these days. I’ll honesty rock a 3/4 mink coat with a plain dark sweatshirt underneath, nice joggers (lulu) and low top uggs and a beanie. I’m all about wearing fur but also being casual on a day to day basis. I also live in a large city so it seems appropriate most of the time

• Like 1