Any more Notable Fox fur coats???

pnwhist

Today, I was just daydreaming about all the Fox fur types I’ve experienced in real life or in TV media/movies and I wanted to know if I was missing any of the more prominent ones? 

Here’s a list I came up with along with a show/movie that I’ve seen an actress wear it in - where applicable. If I’m missing any, feel free to add!

Crystal Fox (Cybill Shepherd - Moonlighting)

Silver Fox (Susan Lucci - All My Children. Erin Grey - Silver Spoons)

Red Fox (Lea Thompson)

Blush Fox (The Boss’ wife in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation)

Gray Fox (Anne Heche - Another World)

Blue Fox (so common but I can’t think of any movie or TV show right now)

Golden Island Fox (???)

Spotted Dyed Fox (???)

I think that’s all the essential ones to my knowledge. I’ve also heard of Amber Fox and Cross Fox but I don’t believe those would be considered commons.

White fox, Indigo fox, marble fox and cross fox coats have made appearances toon various soap operas and dramas from the 190’s and onward

• Like 1

Man oh Man, I wish we can update our original post so we can have a comprehensive list in one singular post. Thank you for your contributions…and please keep it coming…perhaps I’ll do an updated post aggregating everyone’s feedback!

5 minutes ago, Panther10 said:

White fox, Indigo fox, marble fox and cross fox coats have made appearances toon various soap operas and dramas from the 190’s and onward

Is there an actual white fox in the wild? or does it tend to be dyed? (Or do they wait for a particular fox to “shed” into their winter coat as they disguise themselves in the snow?

17 hours ago, pnwhist said:

Is there an actual white fox in the wild? or does it tend to be dyed? (Or do they wait for a particular fox to “shed” into their winter coat as they disguise themselves in the snow?

Well, wild arctic fox here in Scandinavia are quite white during winter. Blue fox are originally a variation of arctic fox.

• Thanks 1

Couldn’t remember at the time of my original post BUT definitely Joan Collins for Blue Fox in “The B*tch.”

I remember seeing her in that coat on the front of the VHS box when perusing the Video Rental store and always getting that “special feeling.” Never did see the movie though…any good?

1E04C01B-0987-4D2C-849D-B27986ED091C.jpeg

For a well-researched selection, go to The Fashion Zone here on the Forum - particularly The Moving Image and Stars of the Silver Screen.

There is much there to behold.

• Thanks 1

Also www.furglamour.com is a terrific resource but it hasn’t been updated in a few years to include recent films. However it is still a decent blog that catalogs pretty much every movie and tv show that prominently features furs from the 1940’s all the way up until the 2010’s

Edited by Panther10

5 minutes ago, minkme said:

I just google search Joan Collens fur coat.  There are plenty pictures of her wearing furs.  How many does she have?

I reckon the best answer you're going to get is "as many as you think!"

• Like 1