Fur in warm weather

paul2809

Does any one still wear fur stoles in warmer weather??

I thought about wear my mink stole out today..

Like mis 70s. Ish kind of weather 

Been contemplating keeping my furs this summer instead of putting them in storage since my apartment seems to be pretty cool inside regardless of the weather outside. We'll see. Also furluvgrl great new profile pic!

7 hours ago, SilverFoxFemboy said:

Been contemplating keeping my furs this summer instead of putting them in storage since my apartment seems to be pretty cool inside regardless of the weather outside. We'll see. Also furluvgrl great new profile pic!

Thank you😘

Yes I did storage last summer for my full length white fox. Couldnt wait to get it back and when i did it was even softer than when i first bought it. However it becomes costly when you bring in multiple items.

Its still been cold here overnite (mid minus teens) , Id typically still be wearing a full length racoon or coyote, but I just find by later in the day the sun is so warm even if the temp is still cool.. that and as much as no one was wearing fur all winter here, I must admit now I feel totally out of place walking in the park through puddles, melting snow, and the occasional crazy walking around in a t shirt at minus 3... yeah I get it, after -30, -3 is a heatwave but still... my usual paths in the park Id walk on too are now literally glared sheets of ice.. the other day walking in my raccoon coat I almost bailed 3 times, so more or less ended my outside fur walk season..

On 3/30/2023 at 10:18 PM, SlyRoxy said:

I'll wear mine indoors with the air conditioning going in such weather, but never outside because it's bad for the fur.

Same as you exactly, as I am in Hong Kong and both temp and humidity are not favorable for wearing furs outside even in winter, I only put on my furs in my room while turning the temp to 18°C by AC with electric fan on. 

But sometimes during winter when temp drops to 10°C or below, wearing my blue fox fur coat and hat in room is quite an enjoyment! 

On 3/30/2023 at 3:43 PM, paul2809 said:

Does any one still wear fur stoles in warmer weather??

I thought about wear my mink stole out today..

Like mis 70s. Ish kind of weather 

Mid 70s is fair enough. Last year at Extrema Festival I broke my record wearing a fur coat in +27°C (+81°F).

I wear fur every day from 1st September to 31st May. During the 'summer' months the jackets I wear (when it's not too hot) have fur collars. MINK on two of them, and SABLE on the other.

-7 tonite, and it says -11 windchill tomorrow morning... might be an opportunity for another quick morning walk in the park wrapped in raccoon... the afternoon high is supposed to be +11... I see alot of you still wear fur into the 70s, thats awesome, but way to hot for me... anything above +10 in Winnipeg we break out the shorts! haha

• 3 weeks later...

I could never wear a fur outside when it’s warm. It’s like an instant oven and it would absolutely destroy the leather skins underneath the fur