What temp/conditions do you start wearing your furs outside?

WinnipegFur

Anyone have a distinct time when they start wearing outside?? Its +4C here right now, windchill -3C.. I stepped into the backyard this morning in my Coyote parka It didn't feel all that cold out... still have my Coyote on cause its kinda chilly in the house

Some people wait until snow is on the ground, others just need some cold temps.. when do you start?

45F or +7C there abouts.

I have some 'lighter' fur lined jackets which work well up to 50F.

Since it's usually damp at these temperatures here it's all the better and utilitarian.

OFF

when it hits the 30's, i'm wearing one of my seven coats, and if it's windy/blustery I'll wear them up to 40F, otherwise I wear my fur vest for temps above that up to 50F or so.....can't wait - it's been a long summer this year in NY.

I used to only wear fur when the temp was ~25 degrees or colder (remembering the sunny ~30 degree day that I almost melted while Christmas shopping the Magnificent Mile from Nordstrom to Bloomingdale's wearing my full length ranch mink coat) ... But I have mellowed. Last season you would have found me out and about in mink and raccoon when the temps were in the low to mid 30's.

I find it kind of depends on the calander too.

You are less obvious wearing fur on a 35 degree day in January that you are in September for instance!

W

I think the conditions come into play with Me as the deciding factor. At Night I would wear Fur if the temperatures were in the 40's or lower, During the Day it would depend on the amount of Sunshine, Wind etc. I am always considering Fur around this time of year (to wear outside) Bring on the Chill this Weekend!

My wife: when the temp drops below 50 degrees.

Me: when it drops below 37 or so.

My wife has a bit more versatility though, as she has her choice of sheared and unsheared furs.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Here in SoCal we aren't blessed with the really low temperatures many of you enjoy (sigh!), so in the winter months or very late fall when it hits the mid-to-low 50's I pull out my furs as I tend to chill easilly. If it's in the mid-to-upper 50's I'll wear a jacket or stroller. If it's lower than 55 I'll pull out a full length coat. The furs come out under these conditions, especially if it will be a dressy occasion.

My rule of thumb has always been any temperature below 20c or 69f. Since I have divided my collection into summer and winter furs, it has become easier yet...winter for me is November through March, and summer is April through October. Winter furs consist of all coyote, fox, lynx, and raccoon, whilst summer furs are basically everything else...mink, fisher, beaver, etc. It is guaranteed however that I will be wearing a fur of some type as long as the temperature criteria is met no matter the month of the year.

I can only talk about this winter;

I started wearing my Overall (remeber: my "stealth fur" below the clothes) with temps below 0°C. But to be honest, it was a bit warm; only with temps below -10°C it was comfortable . Next time I might choose not to wear my black sheared nutria on top of the overall; but two layers of fur was too tempting

The nutria pullover is weared by me only when there is snow or when we are heading for a longer winter walk - each meaning below 0°C.

Zaphod_bee

Posting an update, as my fur wardrobe has changed significantly since my 2007 post. I live in a very cold part of the US -- We went over 2 months from mid December to mid February where the temperature never rose above 30 degrees F. I tend to be hot natured so I usually only wear my long haired furs when it is COLD out. As a rule of thumb I do the following:

32 F - 40 F: Short haired fur jackets

26 F - 32 F: Short haired fur coats

25 F and under: Long haired fur coats

• 13 years later...

Really depends on my mood. Even in the summer I will wear them out to clubs and dont care how warm or hot it gets 😉 

the feeling drives me to find someone looking me over and waiting for our encounter. and while playing in them with other 

and feeling hot kinds turns me on more feeling the fur all over my hot horny body .

My fur period is from September to end of May irrespective of the temperature. 

I just want everyone to see what lovely furs I have.

In the summer, (June-August)  I wear one of three FUR trimmed jackets that I have.

Of course sometimes it is just too warm to wear any fur.