PLEASE HELP - "Chat Sauvage" Fur?

CoyoteFox

Does anyone (mes Québécois?) know more about the fur type described in French-speaking Canada as CHAT SAUVAGE?

Yes, the literal translation is WILD CAT and Google suggests that it is a cousin of the lynx found in Europe... I would think I would be very interested on a lot of fronts!

I have posted a few photos to show examples of chat sauvage fur coats that I found on resale websites in Canada...

Obviously with uninformed sellers, I find examples of chat sauvage that are actually tanuki, raccoon, beaver, or others...

My hope is that this fur is soft and thick like tanuki, but I wanted to ask the experts on this forum for their experience and opinion.

It is one of the least expensive fur types in Quebec, so I've always assumed that it is very coarse to the touch and probably a lot like North American raccoon as they are priced about the same... Coarse or sharp guard furs are obviously not the experience I'm looking to pay for!

I would have also assumed that I would have heard about it from online groups in the past if it was this cheap miracle fur that people are giving away!

My gut says it is a "catch-all term" for fur types sellers don't know... PLEASE HELP!

Much appreciated!

(Yes, 4th and 6th photo are tanuki, but I've included them as examples of what gets called Chat Sauvage and are priced under $100!!!... Same with the fox sleeves on the 5th... Body fur is the riddle!)

cscs.jpg

sw.jpg

s-l640d.jpg

s.jpg

ss.jpg

s-l640.jpg

Second and third picture are most certainly North American raccoon, I hunt them and that beautiful black stripe is unmistakable. 

• Thanks 1