Fur Coat Reccomendations

TheFurEverCouple

Hi! I just bought myself a new coat, and my boyfriend is looking to get one for himself but we need a little help with finding stuff. Any recommendations on where we can find a nice but budgeted fur lined coat for him?

I got most of my fur from eBay. Especially for affordable second hand furs it's a gold mine because there are many private sellers too. If you are looking for something specific, go to liveauctioneers.com. These are often even better deals, and you can get e-mail notifications for your search filter. Finally I can recommend Etsy. There are many hand made fur items there, you can also contact the seller if you would like a custom item. There is second hand stuff there is well, but mostly from stores. 

• Like 1

I'd also recommend Ebay.

Maybe more important: Be careful before buying something!

• Fur quality is an issue, you may judge this by the alleged provenience of the coat and/or by looking carefully at the pictures.
  • Generally budget rabbit linings tend to shed, go for rex rabbit or something else instead.
  • With used furs, ask especially for any odours/smells. Perfume, cellar/mold, smoke-all bad.

There are more things to consider, check out the forum for general advice. Or if you are down to just a few items, post some links here.

Happy searching (and wearing)!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FullLengthFox said:

I got most of my fur from eBay. Especially for affordable second hand furs it's a gold mine because there are many private sellers too. If you are looking for something specific, go to liveauctioneers.com. These are often even better deals, and you can get e-mail notifications for your search filter. Finally I can recommend Etsy. There are many hand made fur items there, you can also contact the seller if you would like a custom item. There is second hand stuff there is well, but mostly from stores. 

thank you! 

1 hour ago, LeComte said:

I'd also recommend Ebay.

Maybe more important: Be careful before buying something!

• Fur quality is an issue, you may judge this by the alleged provenience of the coat and/or by looking carefully at the pictures.
  • Generally budget rabbit linings tend to shed, go for rex rabbit or something else instead.
  • With used furs, ask especially for any odours/smells. Perfume, cellar/mold, smoke-all bad.

There are more things to consider, check out the forum for general advice. Or if you are down to just a few items, post some links here.

Happy searching (and wearing)!

thank you too!! appreciate the info 

I also buy most of my wife's furs from Ebay, there are a few sellers of quality furs that I deal with on a regular basis.  Good luck and we all look forward to seeing the furs you purchase.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 4:46 AM, TheFurEverCouple said:

Hi! I just bought myself a new coat, and my boyfriend is looking to get one for himself but we need a little help with finding stuff. Any recommendations on where we can find a nice but budgeted fur lined coat for him?

i have a selection of fur coats if your interested? 

Hi Friends:

I just discovered a decent inventory of fur coats on Poshmark.com(USA)/Poshmark.ca(CAN).

There are the typical people who found a fur coat in the attic and think it's worth a fortune, but I'd say the vast majority of fur coats on there are priced better than Ebay!!!

I was worried about competition from this forum's members, but apparently there is the ability for members to TRADE ITEMS, and I think we could all benefit from that!

Hope this helps...

In Toronto, Canada btw --- THIS IS THE PERFECT WINTER FOR FUR COATS!!!

Stay Warm,

FF