Store clerks

paul2809

No, but I worked in movie theaters and legitimate theaters for nearly twenty years.

I can tell you a story about the time that the movie "Striptease" with Demi Moore was playing and one of the ushers came out of the auditorium and asked, "Why are there so many used, snotty napkins on the floor, in there?"

I told the kid, "It's not snot!"

He didn't understand and I didn't want to be the grown adult explaining such things to a fifteen year old kid.  So I told him to go to the back of the concession stand and get some of those plastic gloves that the girls use to serve food with then to put them on before picking up any more "snot rags."

It took the kid about half the day before he figured out what was going on.

😉

Back in the 1970’s there was a motorcyclist stunt man by the name of Evel Knievel. He tried to jump the Grand Canyon on a motorcycle and it was televised at that time. Because of that stunt he gained a huge following. That same year at Christmas a toy company created a toy Evel Knievel doll, riding a motorcycle, dressed in leather. The toy was a huge hit and the store sold in one day: black Friday. I was a clerk at the time in a store called Toys R us. The Sunday before Christmas the store ran an ad in the all the Sunday newspapers stating the doll would be available at every store location.

There were at least 50 people waiting in line on Monday morning at 5AM in front of that store. We only received 4 dolls. As soon as the door opened the people rushed in pushing and yelling at one another. Two ladies started fighting over one.  The one lady was wearing a beautiful Canadian lynx fur coat and it was easy to see and hear; she was an elitist snob (I remember feeling sorry for the animal’s that surrender their fur coats for her, it was so beautiful). While the other woman was dressed in a cheap cloth coat and just nasty. The woman in the fur did have her hands on the doll; first.  

We broke up the fight and the woman in the fur paid for the doll and left. About 5 minutes later a customer came running into the store yelling “call the police!!!! Some women just hit another woman over the head with a baseball bat.” I went out to see for myself. Sure, enough the lady in the fur laid next to her car bleeding on the sleeve on that beautiful fur and it was torn at the shoulder (she was out cold). The other woman took the doll and was in the wind.

They took the her to the hospital, she had 10 stiches. Later Christmas week the store gave her another doll as an apology. As for the other woman, as far as I know she was never caught.   

• 1 month later...

I remember them! I really, really wanted one.. rich kid brought one into school one day, and I was mesmerised.. he wouldn't give me a go so I battered him senseless and jumped all over it, smashing it to pieces in a fit of rage.. I was only about 9 at the time. must be something about them things.

I have no clue about that figure but I can imagine a biker wearing fur... There was a photo of a beared guy in blue fox jacket on his motorbike. I just found 3 nice pics of a guy and lady wearing minks.

lady on bike.jpg

motorbike 01.jpg

motorbike 02.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have for nearly 17 years, and how many Fur Sightings have i had in that time? Two! (That i can recall) Both times, it was a Full-Length Black Mink worn first by a woman in her mid-late fifties 2 or 3 years ago and more recently by an older man about 10 years older just a month or two ago. You generally don't see any full Furs being worn round here unless it's some Fur-trimmed parka or jacket, so i believe it was the same coat. Oddly, when the bloke turned to leave i noticed it had a hood. I didn't see that the first time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen a whole lot of fur sightings in my years In this line of work, but more faux fur than anything...which I'm fine with...