BF Furs China

grouchomg

Has anyone here had experience purchasing from BF Furs in China?  They advertise on ebay and other places.  Their furs look nice, but seem ridiculously low priced.  I'd be interested in your opinion.

not sure about this company but in 2019 I visited Shanghai and I found a fur store, in a department store one floor full of furs and leathers. One of the stalls was for men only and a mink jacket was $800. I was a beatiful jacket just not my size (I'm 6'2"), the sleeve was a bit shorter. There was a raccoon and fox I would fit in but the mink was amazing.

If you find a recommendation, please make sure you get the right size.

I haven't experience with this particular seller, but I did buy a couple of fur items from Chinese eBay sellers many years back, and they went straight in the trash. So I'll be a voice of negativity on this matter, and maybe someone else with more positive experiences will counter me.

Most of the images they use are stolen from other places and furriers, and the products they do send you are cheap copys made of cheap materials. While they will be (usually) real fur, you can be pretty certain they come from sources with no regard for animal welfare, which for me at least is a big no-no, and which also tends to show on the quality of the pelts.

Personally when browsing for furs, I stick to the golden rule that "If it looks to good to be true, it usually is." Don't be tempted to throw away your money on something ridiculously low priced, as you say, because the quality will reflect it. Save your investment a bit longer, and get something proper. I'd recommend you look at Greek furriers, many of whom offer some amazing products at fairly low prices. And they can usually tailor or custom make what you want.

• Like 1

I bought 2 items from them. You quality is as good as you can reasonably expect for the price, however they really focus on how to get close to the picture and economise where possible. This makes their fur coats generally lighter than you would expect (which is not necessarily a bad thing, but it feels a little cheap). Expect for example single sided fur where the picture suggests double sided (but doesn't show). Also the lining is quite thin and feels less luxurious than fur coats in a higher price league, but there fur quality is good. The best option is to exactly explain what you want and pay extra for it (they won't charge you too much for additional options). Also their sizes tend to be smaller than western sizes, meaning that you need to add an inch to get the margin you would expect from a western similar-size product. 1st item I bought was great (although the shawl collar was single sided, which I would have paid extra for to get double had I known before ordering). 2nd item was too small so I returned it and had it adapted. Also a shawl collar was suggested in the picture but not present at all so I had that added as well at minimal cost. The result is quite impressive. The shipping is rubbish (tightly rolled into a minimal package) but this helps avoiding import duties. 

However I probably won't order from them again, because in the long run, you want a fur to be perfect and the difference you pay for a fur coat in a slightly higher price league is generally worth it. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice.  Though it will cost more, I'll stick with my furrier in Montreal.

Anyone have an idea for a good furrier who can custom make a hooded long silver fox coat for me?

Look up @pieniazekkusnierstwo on Instagram, or similarly www.pracowniafuter.eu

Though you'll probably have a wait of a few months because he's so popular.

Edited by Fox

Thanks, Furs Unlimited.  Oliver Furs has been my "go to" furrier for a long time along with Skandinavik Furs.  I bought my first custom-made coat from Oliver Furs.