Opinions Wanted

Shy_Fur_Guy

I was looking perhaps to add another coat to my collection. So far, I have a full length Rabbit and a full length Fox coat along with a waist length jacket of each. I was looking to switch it up a bit. My first thought was picking up a Lynx coat, but they are ridiculously expensive (read also: out of my budget). I started looking at Raccoon fur coats and they seem fairly reasonable. Does anyone have experience with raccoon fur? Is it as cozy as it looks?

Ehh. Definitely not as soft as Fox if that’s what you’re going for. Still very nice and looks great, but probably one of my least favorite furs… Everyone has their own opinion though! I’d say the fur is a little more coarse than most

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Shy_Fur_Guy said:

I was looking perhaps to add another coat to my collection. So far, I have a full length Rabbit and a full length Fox coat along with a waist length jacket of each. I was looking to switch it up a bit. My first thought was picking up a Lynx coat, but they are ridiculously expensive (read also: out of my budget). I started looking at Raccoon fur coats and they seem fairly reasonable. Does anyone have experience with raccoon fur? Is it as cozy as it looks?

Is mink a consideration?

2 hours ago, LordTheNightKnight said:

Is mink a consideration?

It's a possibility. I don't have a ton of experience with mink. Is it more on the coarse side? I tend to want more of the softer furs. Sometimes something sleek fits my shopping mood and sometimes I just want something super thick and soft. I can look into Coyote as well. I didn't know a ton about Raccoon fur and I was curious about the overall feel.

47 minutes ago, minkme said:

Mink might be a good choice.  I would not say its very coarse.   Depends on the pelts and their condition

You're the expert. 😜

Etsy app /website 

Postmark app/website

Are two that I recommend aside Ebay.... I'm not knocking Ebay..

Thier fine.. 

It was a suggestion,  that's all..

I've seen plenty of used furs on both apps...

Furluvva  long hair fur like your foxes, try a mink like what The Lord recommended

Edited by minkme

You already have a fox and a rabbit. If your rabbit is shedding much (like rabbit almost always does) I would recommend a rex rabbit fur. it is very affordable, yet very dense and soft and durable. If you see my other posts - it´s a "poor man´s fur"