Sharing some cheap photoshops I did to improve Jean Grey's new outfit.

LordTheNightKnight

Jean Grey is my favorite Marvel character. And fortunately she has worn fur (especially in X-Factor vol 1 #53), though it's unfortunately rare. And if you've been following X-Men in the comics (or at least trying to... boy modern superhero comics are not mainstream friendly), you may have heard of the "Hellfire Gala". Most of the mutants get snazzy party outfits, some can be seen here. And here's a direct link to the art for Jean's outfit.

Well a cool thing is on Twitter, the artist who designed it actually agreed with me when I wrote that, since Jean is the princess of the X-Men (Storm is the queen of course), then her outfit would be even better if her train was lined with ermine.

Unfortunately I need a lot more practice to actually draw something like that, but I can at least fake it. So I took Jean's promo art, and combined it with this picture of various forms of a white fur cape*, and made it Jean's new train. I also removed the leggings, because she shouldn't be wearing a fur lined skirt and not feeling its silky softness against her bare legs. 😁

So what do you think? And for those of you who can draw, here's a new fan art idea!

* Also I do recommend checking out that artist's other work, because they do love adding fur a lot of the time, including this comic page where a princess actually is wearing a train lined with ermine😍

jean white fur skirt 01b.png

jean white fur skirt 02b.png

jean white fur skirt 03b.png

• Like 2

I don't know about Princess, but Jean will always be the First Lady of the X-Men, IMO. Anyhoo, i digress as i'm surprised you didn't mention or show this outfit for the White Queen.😍

xforce2019020_dc21.jpg

I am not fond of how they portrayed that character since about 2000. Besides, this is about a hot redhead who doesn't wear enough fur, but deserves to.

Case in point, a panel from the very issue I referenced earlier.

RCO005_1468940253a.jpg

Yeah, point taken. I thought that would be the panel you were talking about.

Still, i can think of dozens of Marvel (& DC) women whose eroticism & all-round image could be improved by wearing Fur.

33 minutes ago, SimonG said:

Yeah, point taken. I thought that would be the panel you were talking about.

Still, i can think of dozens of Marvel (& DC) women whose eroticism & all-round image could be improved by wearing Fur.

That I do not dispute.

Though until recently a lot of women in comics have worn fur at some point.

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

Ororo Monroe is my fave, wish she had a furfetish and bring in cold weather all the time mmmmm

She has worn fur once in a while.

Check out Uncanny X-Men vol 1 168. It's only about a page or so in the middle, but I think you'll like it.

Also if I could will it, Jean and Ororo would wear matching furs sometimes.

Okay, the Storm one took a while, because I was thinking of all the work to erase the thundercloud, but then I realized that is supposed to be part of the outfit, so I just worked around it.

And I did another one with Jean, from the alternate cover pose she does in her outfit. Yes, the shading to make her legs bare is very rough.

storm at party 01a.png

jean party fur skirt 02d.png