Rabbit Fur Rugs

FurRugLover

Rabbit fur rugs are great for entry level and beginners.  They are cheaper than sheepskin rugs of the same size and yesterday, I just ordered one online for $30 with free shipping, and delivery is expected in late May or early June.  My question is, how do rabbit skin rugs hold up to the bottom of high heel shoes?

Your best off not wearing any type of shoes/boots period and going barefoot on the fur its self..

5 hours ago, paul2809 said:

Your best off not wearing any type of shoes/boots period and going barefoot on the fur its self..

I have a deerskin rug that's been used on the floor of a store and it's still in pretty good condition for its age (over 100 years old).  I have uploaded a picture in a reply to another post.

What site offered a $30 rabbit fur rug? Seems like a price too low to be true. I would be slightly concerned about the quality of the pelts for that price. How big is the rug?

4 hours ago, Shy_Fur_Guy said:

What site offered a $30 rabbit fur rug? Seems like a price too low to be true. I would be slightly concerned about the quality of the pelts for that price. How big is the rug?

Amazon and eBay have a few listings.  The size is approx. 42" by 22".  If there is a problem, I can always make a claim.

On 5/3/2021 at 10:44 AM, SimonG said:

I agree, but good luck with convincing FurRugLover with that opinion!

The only time shoes come off is when the fur rugs are put away because a visitor has a crawling baby, or to put your feet on the furniture (for instance, sitting cross legged on the sofa, or resting feet on table).  So the three rules here:

1. SHOES ONLY on all fur rugs
  2. NO SHOES on furniture
  3. NO SHOES on floor that is not covered with an animal skin rug

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 3:24 AM, furs limited said:

Not well.

Actually, rabbit fur rugs hold up well to the bottoms most shoes, even high heels (as long as you don't rub the rug with your feet in stiletto heels).  You could even rollerblade or roller skate on rabbit fur as long as you avoid using the stopper.

• 1 month later...

Update: I received the fur rug early this month.  All I can say is, you get what what pay for; however, relative to its price, it is actually not bad all...in fact better than expected.  The fur is real, but it does have a bit of odor, so it's something I'd definitely keep off the bed and just place on the floor as a rug.  I recommend it for beginners and collectors on a tight budget.  If used as a rug, keep your shoes on unless you know exactly what is causing the odor.  Soft soles, flats and sneakers are best for rabbit fur rugs; if wearing high heels try not to scrap the fur with the heels or if wearing roller/inline skates, avoid using the stopper.

DSC_0298.JPG

DSC_0299.JPG

DSC_0300.JPG