Posting Images larger than 400 x 470 pixels or 257kb

Is there an effective way to insert large images into a post? With the current version of the forum there really is no easy way to do so without just posting the images as a link offsite. Restrictions limit files to be either 400 x 470 pixels or at most 257kb. When it comes to posting artwork that really doesn't help out when I normally work on images between 4 x 6 inches to 8.5 x 11 inches (300 dpi) (print size) as the dimensions and file size are both too large. Shrinking the file down to that size would destroy the picture quality. Embedding is an option but I haven't found a space here that would allow me to write out the topic in html 5. I would like to be able to post larger images directly into the forums without having to follow links, but I'm not finding anything here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Best way would probably to be post them in your personal gallery, and link it to the post. I know you don't want to do links, but changing the max resolution would cause for some really large posts - some computers/devices can't really handle it.

I'll see what I can change though.

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. If it helps out I can provide more information. Some general pictures I did at around 4300 x 2300 pixels at 300dpi were around 2-3mb depending on how much color is used. If 2 to 3mb/picture is too much for the new forums than I understand.

*Edit* Just saw the new post thanks for the update. If it becomes too much for the site let me know and I can take them down