"New Posts" icon

White Fox

I need to check with neoJaguar as he (and his wife) did the work to setup the furden3 style, but we should be able to change the color of the icon enough to make it more prominent.

After some limited checking, it appears there is no easy way to enhance to contrast of the "unread forum" icons. It looks like we would need to create new icons which could be difficult to get a similar look.

As an alternative until we can design an icon with more contrast, I suggest one let their cursor hover momentarily over the forum icon as a small text popup will be presented saying either "Unread posts" or "No unread posts".

When I designed the last style for this board, I did redesign all the icons just for the reason stated. They were too hard to see.

It's not too hard to fix them. You have to go through and edit the the entire icon set of the style and "rotate" the colors to something more visible. It just takes some time with PhotoShop/Gimp, et. al. and some patience.

Since this style is similar to the last one, the icon set MIGHT still be hanging around, somewhere. It would only take a little time to substitute my old icon set for the new one. But, to be honest, I don't remember, 100%. Still, that's the general idea of what to do and how to do it.

I don't have the icon set that I edited on my hard drive. I already looked... like about 15 seconds after I saw the change. Sorry... After I finished the work, I tossed out the files. I didn't think they would be needed, anymore.

While we are in honesty mode... I have to say that I don't like ANY of the ProSilver style variants. I don't care for having the avatars and post information on the left side of the page. That information "belongs" on the right side of the page... Unless your native language is Left/Right oriented like Hebrew or Arabic.

P.S.: Cyrnfr qba'g zvaq zl npreovp senzr bs zvaq. V'z cvff qehax.

If you want a "normal" Right/Left oriented style, SubSilver is better. It's very similar to the ProSilver styles but with icons and post information on the "correct" side for "normal" people.