Trouble Sending PMs

I am looking into this but remember, there are two boxes for PMs that you send to go into.

The "Outbox" is where messages go when you send them but before the recipient reads them. The "Sent" box is where they go when the recipient opens them and reads them. That way you can tell which have been read or viewed and which have not.

The site seems to be working as it is supposed to. I have received and replied to the messages you have sent. If there is a problem, I'll have to try and track it down.

Worker's explanation is correct.

New members not used to how phpBB works can easily get confused by the fact that PMs stay in the "Outbox" until the addressee checks their PMs and reads the message. While not intuitively obvious, this quirk does let the sender know if their message has been read.

BTW: This "two-box" system gives the sender the opportunity to edit or retract a sent PM so that, if you make a mistake or think better of sending a message you can fix it. However, this has to be done BEFORE the recipient picks the message up or else it goes from the "Out" box to the "Sent" box and editing is no longer possible.

Just a point. If you are having a problem where this website (or any website, for that matter) behaves unpredictably, a good thing to do is clear your browser cache and your browsing history. If you have plugins or extensions in your browser, turn them off temporarily and retest the website. If it behaves okay, turn your extensions back on, one by one until the problem occurs again. Then you will be able to figure out where the problem lies.

I still do have my eye on our system. If there is still a problem, let us know. We'll look I to it.

Just to expand on Workers last post:

Our site uses cookies and javascript to keep track of your session and credentials. Periodically clearing your browser's history, cache, and cookies will frequently prevent most problems on websites that you have previously accessed without problems. Personally, I clear mine at least once a day.

Plugins such as NoScript, Ghostery, and others can cause problems if your preferred sites are not whitelisted.