• Worker 11811

• lovefur2

• rotwang

• AKcoyote

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Because then WE get in trouble...HA! (really, I would get in trouble...you know from the "Don't make me come down there" from the "parental unit").

Looks like I'm LAST!

• 2 weeks later...

Whoopsie!

Let me tell you a true story about a time when my family tried to take a car trip when I was a kid and the old "I'll turn this car around" cliche became true.

I was around eight or ten years old. My brother was six or eight. I don't remember the date exactly but I remember the circumstance as clear as it happened yesterday.

One Sunday afternoon, Mom packed the car for a day trip. Picnic baskets and everything. I forget exactly where we were supposed to go but everybody bundled into the car and off we went. We drove off and had just made the on-ramp to the interstate highway when us kids started to act up. It was nothing terrible. Just the usual shoving and hollering that kids do in the back seat during car trips.

My dad turned shot us that "Dad Look" in the rear view mirror then, about 30 seconds later, pulled the car off the highway and stopped on the side of the road. He didn't say a word. He got out of the car, walked around to the back of the station wagon, opened the tail gate and grabbed my brother by the shirt collar. He took him over the knee and paddled his ass right there by the side of the highway as cars and trucks whizzed by. Five or six whacks later, I got the same thing. He shoved us both back in the car and slammed the gate shut. He got back behind the wheel, turned the car around at the next exit then we reversed course and drove back home.

Nobody said a word or made a single sound for the entire drive home. Both of us kids got sent up to our rooms for the rest of the day.

I don't even remember where it was that we were supposed to go. I only remember that we never even made it half way.

• 2 weeks later...