YET another quiz!

Guest furlessinCA

I can't answer any of the quizzes from AK or WF, however I have one. It is kind of unfair, so go ahead and look it up.

What is the smallest mountain range in the world?

JA

These are the sort of things that are fantastic to read though. Just little bits of neat stuff. And by the way I hate trivia. But love to find out these little things here and there.

A great geography question And a difficult one to answer correctly without doing online research.

My guess was a range in North America (which is correct), although upon research I found that I guessed the wrong range.

That's an interesting piece of trivia. And it's not too far from my hometown.

Here's another piece of trivia along these same geographical lines.

What's the world's tallest mountain? I'll give everyone a clue. Make special note of the adjective I used.

What's the world's tallest mountain? I'll give everyone a clue. Make special note of the adjective I used.

That depends on how you define the term "tallest mountain". While Mount Everest is the highest, it is NOT the tallest as it starts from a plain at about 12,000 ft altitude (if I recall correctly). Mount McKinley (also known as Denali) at a height of 20,020 (approx) is taller because it's base is at about 2000 feet altitude.

You have the right idea in measuring from the base of the mountain. But Denali isn't it. I specified "tallest" to rule out Everest as a guess.

O.K. O.K. we've gone from smallest mopuntain range to tallest mountain. The smallest mountain range in the world is the Sutter Buttes in the north central valley of CA. If any of you drive from the Bay Area toward Oregon (or Redding), as you come off of highway 505 to I-5 you will be looking straight at the Suttter Buttes. Quite impressive really.

As for the tallest, I'm clueless!

JA