Server move/upgrade

As White Fox announced in the Fur Den -Huge news coming!!!-, We will be moving the Fur Den and Melody Ohair websites to a larger server on or about October 10th.

In order to accomplish this move without losing posts or images, all the forums and galleries will be locked into a read-only mode while we copy the data. If I can plan and execute the move correctly, posting and uploading should only be unavailable for 3 to 5 hours.

Please watch this topic for any updates to the schedule.

I should also add that our email system will be down for the duration of the move.

The wiki(s) will remain accessible during the move, but any changes made during the move will be lost.

The current plan is to start the move about 16:00 UTC on Sunday. I am hoping to have the move completed in less than 3 hours.

During the initial parts of the move, the forums and galleries will be accessible, but in a read-only mode.

The changes to DNS entries, which will happen near the end of the move process, might take an hour or 2 to propagate and be accessible to your browser. During that time there is a possibility you will be unable to resolve thefurden.com domain or that you will be directed to the old server which will be offline. In that case, just wait and try again later.

Just a reminder that in a short time the Den will be going down for upgrades. See above information for details. You don't want to get caught posting a batch of photos or something such.

W

Sorry about the delay getting things back online - there was a difficult to spot typo in a password used for accessing a database.

Everything seems to be working, so I am going to remove the announcement on the Index page.

If you spot a problem, please let me know in either a reply to this topic, or a PM.