Why doesn't Location show up in the members info any more?

I know fewer than half the Denizens list a location in their profile (cautious bunch) ... But I just recently noticed that the "Location" field did not show up in the Members area (as near as I could tell) any more and was curious re: why. I think once upon a time it was a searchable field, right? Or am I dreaming?

At least for me, the location info (if it exists) is listed in the same field as "website". Location is the top line and website is the bottom line in that field. This is in the Prosilver style. If you use the Subsilver2 style, you will NOT see location as that is not displayed in that style.

You can change the style in the User Control Panel under the Board Preferences section.

It would be nice if more people put at least a general location into their profile. It would be nice to know where the people you are talking to come from. It doesn't have to be specific. I could simply be the country you are in or the state/province.

I don't remember the member's location being searchable from the member's area.

It does show up in the individual's profile display or, as AK says, underneath the user's avatar but not on the list of members.

The membership information for this site is fairly well locked up.

Although no computer is 100% unhackable, AK has taken several steps to make hacking the Fur Den as difficult as possible.

There are only a few people who can read all this website's data. So, if somebody enters any information into their profile it will only be known to the public at large if it is visible from his or her profile page or in the general forum areas. (i.e. - What a normal visitor to the site can see.)

Even though information like IP, referrer string and user agent are collected by the server I can tell you that such information is only read if we need to... such as tracking down spammers, etc.

The short answer is: "What happens in the Fur Den STAYS in the Fur Den!"

It should be mentioned that JG's original post and my first reply were discussing the Members list function which is ONLY available to registered members.

Also user profiles are ONLY accessible by registered members.

As Worker stated, no method of computer security is totally foolproof or unhackable. But what we have in place has not only almost eliminated script-kiddie attempts to take over this system, but occasionally even stopped Worker from accessing the system's administration facilities.

Yeah! You have to pat your head with one hand and rub your stomach with the other while tapping the drum solo from "Inna Gadda da Vida" on the mouse button with your toes!

The system works because so few of the underage script kiddies know what Iron Butterfly is, let alone how to sing the song!

My problem is that I keep getting it mixed up with the drum solo from "Wipe Out" by the Surfaris.

At least for me, the location info (if it exists) is listed in the same field as "website". Location is the top line and website is the bottom line in that field. This is in the Prosilver style. If you use the Subsilver2 style, you will NOT see location as that is not displayed in that style.

I'll check it out. I did not realize "style" could affect what actually appears on the screen (I thought it only affected the color, etc., of the screen).

JG... For a long time I thought that too. However, it actually can change the content of a certain page as well.

I've been confused by that more than once in fact.

W