For your convenience

We do understand that folks here do not like sticky messages. We have finally took a whole lot of time and moved that information into other areas. So, most forums have been cleared of them, and more yet are to go.

Hope this makes the place more attractive and easier to use.

W

JG,

Some of the info is now in the "Forum rules" section at the top of the topics list for the forum, and some of the info has been moved to the wiki with appropriate link(s) placed in the Forum rules area of the forum.

This has been a cleanup project to eliminate the clutter of sticky topics at the top of most forums.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not an extreme lover of the orange (or pink in the other style) Forum Rules areas. However, by using those and sub forums we can get rid of so much stuff like that. In our old forum area we left behind just a year or so ago, we would have been stuck still with endless stickies.

The stickies make the site look like it is not taken care of. Kind of like my house here looks! Yet, I swept the floors two years ago! (Actually place gets cleaned up once every two weeks.

W

JG, the great part is that we have a great set of mods here who allow me to not get involved with that scarcely at all. However, there are times when We will look around and see so many people coming on site and looking around without even saying a quick helo - that can be so frustrating. They want to take, but they don't even want to say high in return. We love it when people want to look at the site. We even love it when people think some material here is worth using in other places. It just becomes frustrating when they do that without even taking the time to just make one or two posts now and then.

What we need are posts from new folks. People get tired of hearing from old farts like us!

W