Gallery access for new member question

blue98foxy

I was a registered member for several months and enjoyed access to the gallery. About two weeks ago I was unable to gain access. When I logged in under the menu on the Home Page I was recognized, and still am right now. When I click on " Gallery" in the menu a new window asks me to log in again and when I do it will not accept me. My registered name is blue98foxy and my password was ********. When I was not accepted I tried asking for a new password and was given *********. I followed the instructions to activate these but was still unable to to enter the gallery. When i went back to activate these I was told they were already activated. But I still cannot enter the gallery.I would like to retain my original user name and password.

I have a new computer with Norton Security. Could it be that this is the problem?

*** Moderator edit: Worker 11811 ***

(Please don't post passwords on the open forum, not even your own. This is for your own safety.)

Edit by AKcoyote: passwords removed.

Welcome! Or should that be re-welcome!? It's nice to see you around, making posts.

The password database for the Fur Den Forums and the Picture Gallery are maintained seperately, both for technical and for security reasons. ("Don't keep all your eggs in one basket." and all that... )

As such, the gallery's password database needs to be manually synchronized with the main forum's. Until that is done, it is very possible that a member might be able to log into the forums but not the gallery.

These operations are usually done in "batches" because:

1) It's easier for the administrators.

2) It provides security. Unscrupulous people can't log in and just go right to the pictures. They have to be members for a certain time.

One of our administrators who have authroization to access those databases will be along soon to look into your case. I'm mostly certain that your authorization is in the next upcomming batch and will be activated soon.

But, if there is a problem the admin(s) will make sure it is rectified as soon as they can.

Just hang in there for a little bit. Okay?

Blue:

Welcome to another Canadian! From the land of the great Mall!

Now then, I am wondering if this traces to your computer change. Unfortunately though if you change your passwords here, the link between Pictures and the Den is broken until the next update. You should be able to enter your old password manually and get in, but it would not work on auto. I am thinking that somehow though, things got skewed in your computer change. Then when you changed passwords the problem was multiplied.

We are almost at the end of the month here so there will be an update in a few days that should reconnect you. If that does not work, please let us know and we will try to help you to get back on again. It is possible as well that AK will have more ideas and post them here so keep watch.

Thanks for letting us know of your problem.

W

The password database for the Fur Den Forums and the Picture Gallery are maintained seperately, both for technical and for security reasons. ("Don't keep all your eggs in one basket." and all that... )

As such, the gallery's password database needs to be manually synchronized with the main forum's. Until that is done, it is very possible that a member might be able to log into the forums but not the gallery.

Because the password databases for the Den forums and the Gallery are separate, this type of situation will occur if a user changes their password for the Den forums. The next maintenance cycle should clear the problem.