Gaming

s1m17

For character building I think Fallout(1 and 2) is more varied than Oblivion, for roaming I'd have to agree with Elder Scrolls. Especially Daggerfall which was roughly twice the size of Britain and had over 10,000 cities,villages, towns. For storylines I believe the Metal Gear series deserves a mention.

Well you have to compare against a timeline, Kate. And remember FFXII still has not worldwide released. Hopefully it'll be as good as Oblivion. And yes, ofcourse I agree that Oblivion and newer games beat the ffx and x-2 graphics, but it *IS* a few years since those ff titles launched At the time, they were unparalelled.

And let's also remember that opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one

I just couldn't watch a great rpg be put in the same grouping as shoot-em-ups, as ff is my all time favorite gameseries!

SORRY!!!

I was thinking about resident evil and not final fantasy. final fantasy the movie is crap. Its resident Evil the movie thats great. Final fantasy is pretentious and in danger of disappearing up its own backside like warhammer.

Tombraider has an important culrural significance that crossed many boundaries and has become important beyond a game: its a cuiltural phenomenon. The others are just games.

AND the fact that Lara Croft upset PETA is priceless. Shooting Wolves and Tigers!

Now S1m....stop arguing and get in the smoking bar which is full of impatient beautiful girls waiting to try on your furs.

Velvet Tigress....its great to find a girl here that plays games. My girlf does too but there arent so many.

ToS, once I have the time I will, don't worry! It's better I do it properly than do it half-arsed and produce a piece of rubbish...

Also ToS, make sure your not talking about Final Fantasy The Spirits WIthin, which had nothing to do with the games whatsoever and was quite a poor film. The good one is Final Fantasy : Advent Children

Forgive me for not mentioning Fallout...I've never had a chance to play the games, but I know people who swear by them.

Totally agreed about timeframe as well Earendil. I might have made a comment along those lines somewhere in my little rant. *laughs* If not, I should have.

Final Fantasy: Spirits Within is a great LOOKING movie. Storywise, it was painfully horrible.

Advent Children on the other hand... Two big thumbs up. FFVII is without a doubt my favorite RPG thus far, with Lunar coming in a close second, so I have to give kudos for Square/Enix for making Advent Children.

Was thinking of grabbing a copy of Advent Children sometime - guess i may have to do that now!!

Also, there are a couple of games for the PSP coming out in the next few weeks - Me and My Katamari at the end if this week, then Monster Hunter the end of next week. Not sure which to go for, to be honest - any ideas?

Unclejoe

I own the PS2, PSX, N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, and Gamecube

Favorite PS2: Gran Turismo 4

Favorite PSX: Gran Turismo

Favorite N64: Mario Kart 64

Xbox: Halo and Halo 2

X360: Project Gotham Racing 3

Hi Furulz and welcome

Do you get much time for furbabes with all those games? Or are you female?

What made you join and what are your interests? I think there is a thread where you can introduce yourself.

best regards TOS

I own PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast, PSone, Nintendo 64, Snes, and Sega Genesis.

My favorite gamne on PS2- Resident Evil 4 ( May just be the best game of all time) and WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2006

My favorite game on Xbox - Far Cry Instincts Evolution (Very Good graphic and Details make this FPS great)

My Fav Game on DreamCast -Shenmue- ( One of the most realistic looking game out there!)

Favorite game on NIntendo 64- WWF No Mercy ( many people consider this the best wrestling game of all time)

Nintendo has had some hits and misses lately, which has led me to start to wonder if their days are numbered in the 'serious' video game market.

When I first saw the then Revolution and current Wi setup, I thought it was a joke being perpetuated on us by anti-Nintendo folks. Now that I know it's the real thing, I find myself happier with my decision to have bought the 360 and put my money down on the PS3 while avoiding the Wi for now.

I guess I've been a bit sore since Twilight Princess was postponed for a few more months last year after I 'bought' it way back in May in the hopes I'd have it in October, but Nintendo's tactics are driving me nuts these days. This is coming from a one time dedicated Nintendo-phile too.

I played my SNES so much I had to replace it twice. I bought a Virtual Boy, because Nintendo put it out. I was probably the first person in my town to own the Nintendo Game Cube, and I liked the idea of the DS after all my friends thought it was stupid.

Heres hoping the Wi proves me horribly wrong. Maybe someone else can tell me if it's any good whenever it comes out.

I'm waiting for a couple of games to come out for the PSP - "Me and My Katamari" and "Monster Hunter: Freedom", not to mention Gran Turismo Portable - but i will probably have to wait till Xmas before that becomes available in the UK

Heres hoping the Wi proves me horribly wrong. Maybe someone else can tell me if it's any good whenever it comes out.

I'll keep you posted, because I suspect there will be one in my house . I think Nintendo are going in the right direction again: the DS was the first innovative console in years, and with the Wii controller they've proved that they're willing to try new ideas. Not that it matters to me because I'm clearly sold by the nostalgic proposition of playing all the old games again

What do you think of the 360? I've been put off that due to lack of games. I'll also be interested to hear of the PS3 when someone buys it. The price they announced at E3 seems a little high to me...

I will almost definitely be getting Wii as well. I don't want to pay a huge amount for a PS3, which may have mind-blowing graphics but I think the gameplay will be essentially the same as the PS2. The Wii is the next step in gaming and I can't understand how you would see it as a joke.

Hello Bob! I'll definitely take anyone's argument for the Wii into a lot of consideration towards me buying it.

I am one of the few (?) who don't like the controller. If they release one which isn't so innovative, maybe I'll be more likely to purchase it. I'm just not a one handed game sort of person.

Now that sounded a bit odd.

I've heard you'll have to download the games which is a big turn off for me, as well. The 360 played the same trick on me though. I bought it expecting to play all my X-box games on it, and then it turns out you have to go online with it to get it going. Sigh.

The lack of 360 games is sort of annoying too, but I've been addicted to Oblivion since I bought it, and the new Tomb Raider (which came out for all the systems) is pretty cool too.

PS3 is going to definitely put me off on it's price, but I've paid for as much as I can on it when it does come out. Owning one's own business is sort of good for giving yourself leave to spend money on yourself from time to time. At the least I don't mind my boss too much.

I don't think the Wii is a joke anymore, but at the time I did. The one hand controller might blow my mind, who knows? I used to think the old 'milk bone' controllers on the SNES were ugly too, but Nintendo has yet to let me down on controllers I guess.

As for it being the 'next step in gaming' I'm a bit hesitant. Graphically is it the next step? Innovation wise? Nintendo has been a bit slow to catch up on occasion (they had the Gameboy forever, and then upgraded it to color rather than put out a new design) but I'm loathe to take them out of the picture when they've survived the console wars so far.

Gamecube does have more graphic power than PS2 in any case. Well, from what my friends tell me.

Here's hoping again.

I'll reserve my judgement for the 'easyness' of handling with the Wii controller until I get my hands on it, but from what I've heard on IGN and Gamespot . Gamespot said "We have to hand it to Nintendo: despite the Wii controller's unorthodox appearance, the thing is dead easy to pick up and play". It may not be the next step in graphics but in gameplay it is. Also you don't download Wii games, I'm pretty sure they're purchased just like with Gamecube, PS2 etc.

What's your opinion of the PS3 controller anyway, and it's tilt sensor thing. Also Nintendo didn't have to catch up with the Gameboy, there wasn't anyone to catch up with.

I agree with s1m17 that we can't comment on the Wii controller until we get our hand(s) on it. It seems to have been very well-received by the press though, so I'm hopeful.

Regarding the downloads, I think you may have got the wrong impression (either that, it's me who has got it all very, very wrong...). My understanding is that new Wii games come on a disk, and will require no downloading. It will also be backwards-compatible with Game Cube disks. The downloading part is how they will distribute the (selected) older games from the N64 and before. It would make sense for it to work like that: the older games are very small in file size (for example, SNES games are only a few megabytes), and so could be easily distributed online: Game Cube and new Wii games will be significantly larger. I do hope this is how it will work: any Steam/Half Life 2 debacle could kill the console before it starts.

Also Nintendo didn't have to catch up with the Gameboy, there wasn't anyone to catch up with.

Absolutely correct. Back in the day they seemed somewhat Gameboy oriented, but, as some people know, Gameboy is the longest lasting most popular system there was for a long time.

I sure used my Gameboy a lot.

As for the new PS3 controller...Weeeeell...I'll find out whenever the system manages to come out.

I'm woefully underinformed as to what's going on at E3...*sniff* I wish I knew more about the upcoming new stuff.

I'm woefully underinformed as to what's going on at E3...*sniff* I wish I knew more about the upcoming new stuff.

The official site: http://www.e3insider.com/

I find it a bit busy myself, and have been picking up the major snippets from the BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/default.stm

Also Nintendo didn't have to catch up with the Gameboy, there wasn't anyone to catch up with.

This is true, but I think there was a different reason for the success: Tetris. Absolute genius to sell it with the console, a game that appeals to young and old alike. It was the perfect game for a handheld and something that the Sega Gamegear and Atari Lynx could never compete with.

• 9 years later...

well, I have a PC, PS2 and... tried to be a heavy player on android (I have a xperia play and a nexus 5) :pp

most of my games are under the racing genre, cars divide my heart with the furs

Oh, you had to get this started. Lemme preface: I'm a young'in, only really been around since sixth gen.

Well, for 7th Gen I have a 360 that hasn't been on in a while. Halo: Reach and ODST, RDR aplenty. Eighth Gen I've gone full PC, since I didn't feel like dropping $500 on mediocre consoles when I could drop $700 on a solid PC. Company of Heroes, Civ 5, PAYDAY 2 (a lot of that), Fallout: New Vegas, and Skyrim, mostly.

My steam: @shockandawesome0 (it's old and I need to change it, don't judge). We'll play sometime.

Im on steam -> Atreuce

PS4 -> Atreuce

I'm addicted to Destiny right now, and I play World of Warcraft a lot. 100 B.Elf Pally.

Also on Clash of Clans currently.

I forgot about this thread

I'm an gamer too, PCMR for life! My rig: i5-4690k, Asus Z97-AR, Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB RAM, Corsair 750W PSU, 250SSD (EVO) + 2TB, Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler, and of course.. The Jewel: ASUS GeForce STRIX GTX 980 4GB! All in a Fractal R5 Define case. Peripherals: CM Storm Trigger-Z and Razer Deathadder + Logitech G35.

Mostly play BF4/Hardline, CS GO, Cities: Skylines, any strategy game (So many..!), Football Manager and Skyrim with a billion mods. Looking forward to the Witcher 3, and I still have to play Dragon Age: Inquisition and GTAV.

I also love to watch live streaming and Youtubers play. I think my absolute favorite on those services is Sips. The real guy. The best guy.