Story of your nickname!

Earendil

I was once called a snake by my bitter Jehovah's Witness ex-girlfriend. The name just kind of stuck. It's been my internet handle for quite some time now.

Not only is Snake a really cool name, that is on great story behind your name!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frugalfurguy

• Fox

• Joe

• Kappa

Top Posters In This Topic

How many guys,,or women too i guess,,would love to GHOST around inside a FUR with a beautiful woman?? need I say more?? mmmmmmmm!!

• 3 months later...

I wanted to bump this post to hear from more of our members!

In addition, I'd like to add on a few of my newfound nicknames. They've taken to calling me Pino, which is short for Peppino. My cousins still call me Pepe, which is short for Giuseppe.

ciao ciao,

J.

My nickname is from a Finnish folk-metal band called Finntroll. Their songs and lyrics are based on the old Scandinavian folklore with trolls lurking behind every tree.

Aldhissla is the king of the trolls and also the name of one of their best songs. You can listen to some songs here. And yes, even though they are from Finland they sing in swedish, just because it sounds so damn trollish!

Auzmink - fairly obvious, except I'm not in Auz any more for the time being. Could try UKmink, but...nooooo. Perhaps a reflection of my moving status - bouncingMink, but then that might sound like a kangaroo.

Anyhow, stuck with it, don't know why, I like mink but it ain't my favourite.....

Auzmink - still.

Ulti, short for Ultimas which is my online / gaming alias.

Also, 'Ultimas' means 'You Finish' in Portuguese and 'You complete' in Spanish apparently, though I never knew when I first begun using it.

Furman.

Fur: I like fur.

Man: Uh...I'm a dude.

I doubt I'll be known for my ingenious steel trap like mind when I'm gone, but it's simple, and it was open.

Ravens8

Started off simply because I seemed to have a problem finding a name that was acceptable by the site. I like Ravens! - always seem to be watching you - either curiosity, or, as in folklore, to report back your actions throughout your life to the spirit world! you're never alone if a raven's around.

Anyway - complex characters in folkore, shapeshifters etc., but above all, love their musical vocabulary, such a range of caws, tonks and tinks etc.

Then couldn't register the name "Raven", already taken. so needed a number added to it. Did some sailing in my youth at Ravens Ait on the Thames (not far from where I live). so there you have it - ravens8 - simple really. (and a name I can remember)

JeniFur Love, most think its a reference to Jenifer love Hewitt, I never

once thought about her. I chose Jenifur, because to say my name

you have to say "fur" Jeni-fur. I chose the Love as my last name

as when you say Jeni-FUR LOVE, you are saying FUR LOVE.

the love of fur is what prompted me to crossdress in the first place

so Jenifur Love is a product of FUR LOVE. SO Jeni is FUR LOVE

incarnate...

My Nick is a Tribute to "The King" of American Stock Car Racing Richard Petty He is both a 7 time NASCAR Cup Champion and 7 time Daytona500 Champion. plus he's a member of a pioneering patriarchal family of NASCAR his Father Lee Petty was a driver on the circuit when NASCAR First got started back in 1948. and Lee was also the winner of the First Daytona500 back in 1958 as well as being a multiple cup champ.Richard also has 200 career Race wins and he and his dad are one of a few select Father & son duos to be Enshrined in the Auto Racing Hall of Fames.

• 1 month later...

the love of fur is what prompted me to crossdress in the first place

I'm so jealous of many of you crossdressers. It's much more socially acceptable for you to own and wear tons of gorgeous furs! It's not fair I tell ya'.

• 2 weeks later...

but I'll try to contain it so as not to bore.

When I was high school age (yes already a confirmed though self-hating at the time fur lover) my classmates and I took this multiple guess questionnaire that was supposed to give us some career guidance. When it came back with a score that I could plot on a career map, I definitely felt left out. The dot my coordinates made looked like that last forlorn island in the Indian Ocean before you get to Antarctica--what is it Hurd Island? Anyway, it was about as far as could be from any of the fanciful continents on the career map where there were recognized career civilizations. I felt left out, but I've been shrugging it off so much of my life since. I didn't feel I belonged in the household I grew up in. I didn't feel I belonged at the church my parents drug me to, nor the church school they sent me to. So finishing school and getting out on my own would mean more of the same.

It's been decades; still I wander, unsatisfied with the work I've found and still barely above the poverty line. (Now why don't they also draw a wealthy line??) So many years living as a starving not-quite-artist of whatever ilk is sure either to bankrupt a person or to teach 'em to scrape pretty well. Since I have net financial worth on the plus side and pay my only debt on my credit card in full each month, you can see the route I've taken.

Meantime, I've discovered a book that opens up such possibilities through further exercising of thrift. It's called _Your Money Or Your Life_ by Joe Dominquez and Vicki Robin. What I take from it is the possibility that I can actually take charge of how quickly I become financially independent--that point when I no longer have to work for money and can do what my heart says's my mission in life without worrying if anyone's going to pay me to do it. The key is not always making more money. It's about finding balances. Defining how much spending I really need to feel fulfilled, measuring my earning and spending against my perceptions of my life puprpose, and stopping the spending that's not fulfilling to me, choosing enough and then investing or giving back the surplus. I believe I'm making progress that way. The T-bills I currently have will bring me ever so slightly closer as they mature.

There's also some calculated wordplay in my nickname. That's warranted because I'm such a poor beggar that's in love with such extravagance. At the same time there's gender tension in my nickname. Frugal contains an anagram for fur along with a feminine counterpart to guy. My life and nickname seem to be both about putting something together out of very unlikely clashing elements, sort of like Osiris blown to smithereens. So far, though, I've had to make do with no magic Isis, unless after all there is some feminine grace within me or to which I relate in the universe without who plays that role, though she be no individual human lover.

Thanks to those who've already shared their nickname stories!

frugalfurguy

Edited by Guest

White Fox...

Well now. What is there to say. You would never believe that I kinda like "White Fox" would you?

I know. It's a boring name. But someone's gotta have it!

W

When I decided to join the den, I asked "Fox" how we could inter-twine our sn's without saying "Fox's Girl". He said Foxy Lady suits you perfectly. And poof... Foxy Lady it was. Nothing over-thought or complex. (though at the time I think we discussed it for a bit).

• 9 months later...

Bringing this thread out of the closet along with snowflakes outside in case there're recent joiners who'd like to share what their nickname's about.

I know I gave a long-winded story of why I use one of my real-world nicknames, but I've gained a few more nicknames in the past year. The Romans call me "Jew".

One night last September when I was out with my cousins and great-aunt, all formidable Italian women in their 50s and 60s, the wine was flowing freely and eventually the whole table knew that when I was a kid, my nickname was "Peppino" (Giuseppe = Pepe = Peppino). A few of my co-workers started calling me "Pino" for awhile...then we started working with another Italian architect named Pino...and "Jew" I became.

J.

Icepick???

I just find the whold double-entendre "joe/jew" thing really cool. My 90-year old maternal grandmother's maternal grandparents were Jewish, from Poland.

ciaociao

I haven't dug around in the forum for a while now and seeing this thread come up, got my interest. It's always interesting to learn the background or reason someone chose a name.

While some may think of college or time in a university, nothing could be further (couldn't resist that one) from the truth.

My screen name is an abbreviation of one internet alias I use. It started as a nickname from the ex-wife. I was in Japan, she was Japanese, the hair cut I had at the time, just after a shower left me looking like a Japanese Kappa. Their own version of an imp, that enjoyed playing jokes, being sarcastic and loves meat. Well, 3 for 3 and that's how I got it. A kappa looks 'kind of' like a turtle, walking on it's back legs with a rim of short hair running around it's head. Apparently there are stories all over Japan about the pranksters. Some consider them playful others think they're nasty. I prefer the playful version myself.

..and there you have it. Kind of interesting and not very common I think..

Thanks, Kappa! Now next time I hear about those Japanese could I say gremlins? I'll remember I learned about 'em here. Definitely unusual and in my case educational!