Maybe the tides turning...

WinnipegFur

Usually when I go for my fur walks in the park, I tend to park away from the big lots, find my own little part, go for a walk... just to avoid the negatives.. just not in the mood for it... Id rather enjoy a nice walk and come across a few people then the constant barrage.. the last few times Ive jst decided screw it... Im gonna see what reaction I can get... surprisingly.. absolutely nothing.. got a few looks, but they were almost jealous looks as it was -31 with the windchill... went into the drugstore after work as well wrapped in raccoon ...a pretty hot blonde in a red jacket and a lynx collar on it had gone in before me... my hope was to cross paths were her in the drugstore but it never happened (you know the hopes of sparking a conversation about fur)... I did have to wait in line for a presciption, no comments at all... the one older pharmacist was constantly staring... shes always pretty grumpy though from dealing with her in the past... Maybe its changing... who knows... 

• Like 2

Good luck in your search brother! Don't give up, I'm sure you'll find a way to start a conversation with this girl, maybe you could just compliment her on her beautiful fur coat. And don't care about looks, fuck -31 there, fur better than plastic things. I would go with you on these walks

5 hours ago, FurLover97 said:

Good luck in your search brother! Don't give up, I'm sure you'll find a way to start a conversation with this girl, maybe you could just compliment her on her beautiful fur coat. And don't care about looks, fuck -31 there, fur better than plastic things. I would go with you on these walks

Yeah.. I think a few nights this week thay are calling -43 with the windchill... weve got off lucky this winter here.. January is usually constantly high -15 low -25 or so.. since Christmas we were in the minus single digits and lows -15 at worst.. for here, that is a really warm winter (although its still a fur day) but Friday the tides turned, and we get the cold snap until next weekend... 

• Like 1

Do people really give you grief for wearing fur? I wear fur all the time and haven’t ever had someone say anything to me… Granted it’s a mink coat and less obvious but have not once received criticism for wearing fur.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WinnipegFur said:

Yeah.. I think a few nights this week thay are calling -43 with the windchill... weve got off lucky this winter here.. January is usually constantly high -15 low -25 or so.. since Christmas we were in the minus single digits and lows -15 at worst.. for here, that is a really warm winter (although its still a fur day) but Friday the tides turned, and we get the cold snap until next weekend... 

Take care of you! Keep on wearing fur coat and stay warm and fun with furs.
I'm jealous that it's too hot here in Europe to wear fur

77 / 5.000

11 hours ago, a_man_of_many_foxes said:

Do people really give you grief for wearing fur? I wear fur all the time and haven’t ever had someone say anything to me… Granted it’s a mink coat and less obvious but have not once received criticism for wearing fur.

You can tell by the rude stares... not so much anyone has said anything, but you can definately tell they want to say something..

Yes.. mink is a little less obvious.. I do find if I decide to wear fox or coyote to the park it gets more stares... the few times I wore a full length lynx was a real attention getter!!

2 hours ago, FurLover97 said:

Take care of you! Keep on wearing fur coat and stay warm and fun with furs.
I'm jealous that it's too hot here in Europe to wear fur

77 / 5.000

-40 windchill here now... Id gladly take a +20 day!! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've never had a bad comment. I wear my furs all the time and have gotten so much good attention. People love my coats, both men and women. Highly recommend getting out there, because you might be surprised. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Anthony81 said:

I've never had a bad comment. I wear my furs all the time and have gotten so much good attention. People love my coats, both men and women. Highly recommend getting out there, because you might be surprised. 

Hello Antonio, how nice to hear you say, where are you from? It would be a dream for me to interact with people who love and wear fur like me on a walk