Active fur enthusiast accounts on Pinterest seem to be dropping like flies

Panther10

So I’ve noticed that over the last few months there has been a pretty significant decline in the amount of users and pin boards I’ve actively followed over the years on Pinterest that updated their pages either daily or weekly with new fur images. I had 88 accounts that I followed over the summer but by Christmas that number suddenly dropped to around the mid 60’s. Has anyone else noticed these sudden rapid departures from the platform? I feel like if this trend continues nearly all of the largest accounts will be wiped by the end of the year. 

I think that probably when it's Christmas time, people in general start to do other different things... Maybe they don't update their forum, don't upload new pics and things like these

You would think though that this is the time of year when their pin boards would get the most traffic and this is when they can add the most stuff because there are more street images of people in furs, more fur companies advertising their products for the current winter season, fall fashion week images and runway shows, etc. These are the best content generating months for this particular hobby so why would hobbyists chose now to just up and leave when the wave hasn’t crashed yet? 

and more to the point I don’t think they voluntarily left, I think their accounts perhaps were deleted? 

• Like 1

You're absolutely right, I can't tell you exactly what it is. Surely the winter months are more favorable for this hobby, but I don't think a platform like Pinterest censors its accounts, maybe they have been closed for explicit images (?)

23 hours ago, FurLover97 said:

You're absolutely right, I can't tell you exactly what it is. Surely the winter months are more favorable for this hobby, but I don't think a platform like Pinterest censors its accounts, maybe they have been closed for explicit images (?)

The only thing I can figure is that maybe it has something to do with the rise in TikTok videos that are being propagated and shared on Pinterest? TikTok is still technically a PRC based company so they might not like having their service distributed on a worldwide social media platform like Pinterest and might be filing copyright strikes against accounts who share and distribute these videos. It’s kind of the only new variable that has been thrown into the mix within the last year so it might have something to do with the increase in banned or terminated accounts?   I hope the few people who get hit can make an appeal but it would suck if we lost some of the the really big fur enthusiast accounts or even accounts that belong to actual American and European based furriers.

• Like 1

I have a pretty decent footprint on Pinterest and if anything my traffic has increased in the last year. 

Perhaps the fact that I am constantly looking for new people that are sharing their fur fetish and engaging them in conversation has something to do with it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turfmann said:

Ho un'impronta abbastanza decente su Pinterest e semmai il mio traffico è aumentato nell'ultimo anno. 

Forse il fatto che io sia costantemente alla ricerca di nuove persone che condividano il loro feticismo per la pelliccia e li coinvolgano in una conversazione ha qualcosa a che fare con questo. 

I think more people in the world are discovering they have this fetish and I like so much