What is softer?

sable-mink

my girlfriend has a blue fox and a shadow fox which is close to a frost i would say they are very close but the shadow fox has it in the soft area .

The softness of fox depends on many things. Sometimes the thicker plusher foxes are older fox...but then they may not be as soft. Its like a silver back with gorillas...they are puffed up stud fox .....but softeness isnt the object then, with say a silver fox like this.Then of course the further north the fox is from, the softer and denser the pelt. that is why the yakutians claim their fox is best, and I must admit that Norwegian and Yakut Arctic fox seem the best softenss wise.

Diet comes into it aswell. Yakut fox eat a lot of fish oils, so that the oils get into the coat. Its like when you mix "show gloss" into a horse's feed.

Then grooming naturally keps animals coats good.

But then sometimes a wild fox will have lovely soft fur...if its northern. you won't get a British fox with soft fur for example.

So blue fox, arctic fox, is generally the softest. These furs can be dyed and its why many coloured foxes are very very soft.

As a rule, blue fox and shadow fox are the softest of the fox types. But of course there are quality issues within the type of fox as well. Choose your fox wisely and make sure to visit several furriers to compare the quality of each shop.

I have to agree with Tsarevich.

However it depends on the origin, when the pelt was skinned, what procedures followed and the list goes on forever! You sholud try to touch the pelts before deciding.